Fly Fishing Forum banner

Maxcatch

708K views 6K replies 307 participants last post by  bbamboo 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had problems ordering from Maxcatch recently? I can select items, but can’t progress with the order past checkout into payment options. I’ve been trying for a week or so and never had a problem before. No response from customer service either.
B
That’s “Maxcatch”. :eek:mg:

Reactions: GK79 and Guest
#6,044 ·
I tried their 5# blue intermediate last week for the first time. As has been stated above, it took some effort to get it all sub-surface, but I hadn't de-greased it. Before I write it off, I'll work on it and try it again in a couple of days and see how it performs.
I see they have a "Mainstream" sink tip line (£12) as well their "sinking tip" line (£8). Don't know if either are any good.

#6,046 ·
In my experience all of the slower sinking lines I have tried - and I include intermediates here - can take a few casts to get them 'tuned' into sinking properly right away. If using the same line on successive days this doesn't happen so much. It also doesn't happen when there is a good ripple on the water.
I think it has a lot to do with the surface film of the water and how it can repel the plastic fly line, much the same as how supposedly dense fluoro leader can float like a cork.
It's definitely a physics thing in my opinion but a wipe with a rag with a couple of drops of 'sinkant' on it works wonders...

#6,050 ·
More eBay craziness
~£70 for a used rod and reel that cost less than £58 BRAND NEW.

I am tempted to buy a few combos and punt them directly on eBay 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: GK79
#6,051 ·
With all these price rises, it's the start of the end as the naysayers predicted.

Another couple of tackle shop closures and maxcatch will start to paint their rods white and charge 1200 quid a go.

The mercantilists will be proven correct and they can sit smugly with that knowledge....on a sofa that now costs 8 grand, watching their 15 grand TV that they have to rent through a shop on the now rejuventated high street.

#6,054 ·
I did buy two maxcatch rods on ebay. Both unused. A Nano cost me £70 delivered and a Sky High for £58 delivered. Happy days.

I actually put in my first order in about a year. A couple of lines, trying the outbound sink 6. It's supoosed to be an #8, but given their standard outbounds are over weight (as are Rios) and their normal sink 6 is also overwight, I am expecting a 30g+ head weight.

#6,057 ·
I’ve sold a few rods on eBay which made more than retail price thanks to the flurries of last minute bids. Two Maxcatch rods made nearly twenty quid each more than I paid plus postage, they were in good nick, but wouldn’t you think buyers would check the current new price?
B

Reactions: GK79
#6,076 ·
I ordered a salt rod rod directly from Aventik last week, like I need another #9, but this one will be left to fish when I am visiting home. I know a lot of guys rate their IM12 switch rod so thought why not. There appears to be a fair bit of overlap between Maxcatch and Aventik, so I assume Leichi manufacture at least some Aventik?

I ordered to to a UK address and within a day of ordering Royal Mail sent me a notification mail and they would let me know when its in the country (with a VAT request I assume). Lets see how service compares.

#6,079 ·
Interesting just received an email from John Norris advertising 50% off fly lines. Very odd a Maxcatch sink tip line is exactly the same as John Norris sink tip line.
Wire Electronics accessory Cable Electric blue Event

John Norris line
Product Cable Rectangle Wire Electronic device

Maxcatch line
Slight colour difference is due to photograph I would think.

JN price £24.99. Maxcatch price after discount £7.30. May just be coincidence 🤣 🤣