Mersey salmon

Fly Guy

Perhaps a read through some of the posts on here might encourage a few more to have a go. I phoned one of my old workmates who still lives in Warrington and he has had a few on the fly below the Warrington weirs including some sea trout. Uses a single handed rod as all have been grilse and puts them all back. Also told me there are regulars who do the same.

black and silver

Banned
Banned
Perhaps a read through some of the posts on here might encourage a few more to have a go. I phoned one of my old workmates who still lives in Warrington and he has had a few on the fly below the Warrington weirs including some sea trout. Uses a single handed rod as all have been grilse and puts them all back. Also told me there are regulars who do the same.

I would advise people to give it a go.
About 10 years ago i set myself a challenge to catch a salmon on a certain Yorkshire river, when i got there i was surprised to see someone else, after the how do's, i said what you fishing for, he said Salmon, i've fished here for them for over 50 years, this was a river that was supposed to be dead with regards to Salmon,although it has come on leaps and bounds since those 10 years.

My point is with these recovering rivers, get your timing and location right and there is good sport to be had, for little money to.

codyarrow

I did catch a salmon on the Mersey. I returned the fish only to find my watch, wallet and car keys were gone.:D