Mike Harding approves of my furled leaders.

bibio1st

The 3ft one you sent me a couple of weeks ago helped me catch a few browns off the tiny river that runs through our town earlier this week 👍

Steve

JCP

They look to be braided line of some kind, so where and why would I use one, please. I haven't fished yet and there is always something new coming up :)
This is not a promo just an answer to your question.Have been a convert for many years and never looked back.There is not one for all so I have quite a collection.Mr T has furled a good number of mine for all kinds of applications and they are well fit for purpose.Link below is just part of the journey.
Why wouldn't you use a furled leader? - Fly Life Magazineflylifemagazine.com › why-wouldnt-you-use-a-furled-l...

Last edited:

4wings

522 posts on a flyfishing forum and you haven't yet wet a line 🤔

Really?
I am 71 and decided to try trout fishing but then came the lock down so I read I ask questions and try to learn. I coarse fished for years, I have shot a variety of guns my favourites are air weapons which I still use. I rescued Bats, and was a local bat warden, a First Aider and I love wildlife. I was a maintenance engineer and am interested in almost anything except football. OK?

Jason 70

I am 71 and decided to try trout fishing but then came the lock down so I read I ask questions and try to learn. I coarse fished for years, I have shot a variety of guns my favourites are air weapons which I still use. I rescued Bats, and was a local bat warden, a First Aider and I love wildlife. I was a maintenance engineer and am interested in almost anything except football. OK?

I remember your post about booking a lesson on Chew but it was cancelled owing to the lockdown. Nothing wrong with questions and reading threads and trying to garner some info. I do the same.

Onnylad

Banned
Banned
I must admit I’ve had a couple of furled leaders in my wallet off Steven and they’ve lasted ages , only use theme on streams where I fish the undergrowth...

4wings

I remember your post about booking a lesson on Chew but it was cancelled owing to the lockdown. Nothing wrong with questions and reading threads and trying to garner some info. I do the same.
Thank you, I worked with a lot of people that started trout fishing in their late 20's (I caught trout while dapping for chub) I listened to what they said and did. My brother in law is an ace fisherman and put the salmon back in the thames and is an enviroment agency somebody now. He talks i listen