Mike Harding book, incomplete.?

3lbgrayling

S.I'm getting from the description that you on purchase are getting the framed pages as well as the damaged/mutilated book.???

Jim

wobbly face

Copied from ebay:
A Guide To North Country Flies And How To Tie Them By Mike Harding Hardback 2009. The descriptions and pictures are lost in book form so I’ve framed my favourites
Perfect Father’s Day/ Birthday gift for the fly fisherman in your family
Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd Class.

Mrtrout

S.I'm getting from the description that you on purchase are getting the framed pages as well as the damaged/mutilated book.???

Jim
I don’t think so Jim, I messaged him and he said they were for his bureau for future reference, bit strange to spoil a book like that then ask £100 for it? I might be wrong though?
S.

4wings

Currently the asking price for a whole book is £300 to £350 from Amazon, ABEbooks.

Mrtrout

Currently the asking price for a whole book is £300 to £350 from Amazon, ABEbooks.
Yes but they never sell, people see those and suddenly think theirs are worth mega bucks, but been a couple on lately for £60 and haven’t sold.
S.

vital

I bought my copy from Coch Y' Bonddhu books less than ten years ago, in hardback, for less than £30, if memory serves me right. Perhaps the one referred to in the thread opener is a first edition/ author signed/ or something else that makes it unique? Otherwise, its a rip-off!
(Never was much good at Welsh spellings).

ejw

Same as Wobbly Face, wouldn't pay more for it.
I did notice on a previous post, that the book was actually worth less if it had Mike's signature in it ?

Mrtrout

He relisted it at a lower price and he’s now got a bid of £50.
S.

Last edited: