Monsal via Matlock

royvs

Actually, it is fishing related.

I'm fishing Monsal Dale next week. My most direct route is Derby/Matlock on the A6.

However, the last time I drove that route Matlock was being dug up, seemingly all of it!!! Something to do with a new road pattern for Sainsburys.

Does any one know if it is still chaotic? My journey would be at peak hour.

Many thanks,

royvs

Thanks Guys..looks OK then.

Any good, Adam? Stephen said it was not fishing all that brilliantly except in the rain.

warrenslaney

Take the A6 from Derby and turn left at Duffield onto the Derby Road to Wirksworth. Over the lights at the Railway, shoot through Wirksworth and take your next left to Middleton-by-Wirksworth. Over the hill and down the other side onto Via Gellia. Head left and take the right at Grange Mill and hammer down the B5056. Turn right left up to Youlgrave. Right at the George Hotel and over the Lathkill at Conksbury Bridge. Turn Left at Lady Manners, past the school, over the Monyash road and sweep right onto the A6 above Bakewell. Next right into Ashford and then left at the Monsal Head pub and down the fishery, arriving fresh, ready to go and with an extra half hour to chat to Stephen. Give your Morgan a run.
morgan.jpg

royvs

Thanks for that Warren...I do love that Motor. If wishes were horses, Beggars might ride!!