Montenegro - Trying to figure out licensing.

heero

Hi.

I am trying to figure outing fishing licenses and permits in Montenegro for a trip next summer. Focus on the northeast portion of the country. Figuring out licensing in the other former-Yugoslavian countries - Slovenia and Croatia, mainly - has been easy for me in the past, but I cant seem to get the info I need for Montenegro.

Thanks!

martinzx

Hi.

I am trying to figure outing fishing licenses and permits in Montenegro for a trip next summer. Focus on the northeast portion of the country. Figuring out licensing in the other former-Yugoslavian countries - Slovenia and Croatia, mainly - has been easy for me in the past, but I cant seem to get the info I need for Montenegro.

Thanks!
There is a Facebook page Fly Fishing Montenegro

I think you may find what you need there.... Remember the prices are negotiable in the Balkans... they will try to overcharge you!

Good luck!

heero

There is a Facebook page Fly Fishing Montenegro

I think you may find what you need there.... Remember the prices are negotiable in the Balkans... they will try to overcharge you!

Good luck!
Thanks! I don’t do Facebook but maybe I’ll sign up to ask there.

The nice thing about the Balkan’s is even being overcharged is still 1/2 the cost to fish of Italy or Austria, 1/4 the cost of Britain, and 1/10 the cost of Norway! I love visiting that part of the world and it’s been too long…

mixmaster

No one will overcharge you if you stay with a good guide or ff friend.
Daily permits for very good fly-only-rivers cost about 30Euro. Bed & breakfast in descent hotels cost no more than 35 Euro. Everyone pronounce themselves guides, so you can have a guide for 50 Euro, up to 100 Euro for real experts. It is good to stay with a guide/friend in restaurants, although prices/quality ratio is unbeatable....;)

heero

No one will overcharge you if you stay with a good guide or ff friend.
Daily permits for very good fly-only-rivers cost about 30Euro. Bed & breakfast in descent hotels cost no more than 35 Euro. Everyone pronounce themselves guides, so you can have a guide for 50 Euro, up to 100 Euro for real experts. It is good to stay with a guide/friend in restaurants, although prices/quality ratio is unbeatable....;)
Thanks for the reply. Where can one buy licenses? Most bars and restaurants as in Slovenia? Is there some organization I have to contact? This is the information that I seek. I am interested in fishing Tara and/or Lim.

mixmaster

Thanks for the reply. Where can one buy licenses? Most bars and restaurants as in Slovenia? Is there some organization I have to contact? This is the information that I seek. I am interested in fishing Tara and/or Lim.
Just leave it to your guide or simply ask in the hotel about fishing licence.
When I guide a group of flyfishers there, I take care of tickets, acommodation, fly selection, transport, food...And, I reccommend staying in Plav, small town with 2 flyonly rivers and 1 lake, perfect for every type of fly fishing for grayling, trout snd huchen.

Latest posts