Montenegro

madjoni

Hi all
I shall try to present some rivers from my country.
First of many here is Komarnica.It is river with many names,maybe litle odd but how it is.At the begening with name Bukovica,than Pridvorica,Komarnica and in lower course by name Piva get together with Tara river making great river Drina.
I dont want to spoil this beautiful photos with me bad English and I just let photos to talk for them selves.
Mladen

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

madjoni

In Komarnica you can find brown trout and grayling.There are no any other kind of fish,not even small ones like minows or mudler.

Awerage brownies are 22-28cm long ,graylings are litle biger.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

here is one beauty

Last edited:

madjoni

This previous photos was taken close to litle town Savnik.Down stream this river goes tru grand canyon

river is deep down

here is one rare place from where you can see water

madjoni

This is about 15km downstream of Savnik...Klifs going up for 300 meters.
This is no comercial water(we dont have private ones),here is only wild fish and wild beauty:cool:

graylings have this gold colour

madjoni

Hi wye_wizard
thanks mate..i shall continue with presentatin..this is only the begening..:cool:
We have big rivers like Tara,Lim,Zeta and Moraca..all of them have many atribut rivers and streams.Well,ad list 100 pages of this thread will be enough:D
mj

scapaflow

The red spots on the brown are cracking and the gold colour of the Grayling is awesome. Fishing looks great, don't fancy wailking up those hills though.:D

madjoni

scapaflow thanks:)
well I dont want to lie you or anybody else..it is not full with big fish ,we dont have mice eatinig trouts like on NZ :(:D (ours have more sofisticated stomacs :)
but we have beatiful nature and it is relativly close to you.
and we have wery big hills too:D:D

madjoni

Hi burhan
I am glad you like it.Here is Nevidio Canyon - the last unexplored canyon in Europe.
First man get tru in 1965.Translation for Nevidio will be something like "one cant see the sky (or God)".
It resisted to all attempts of conquering until the first August 1965. when the group of professional mountaineers from Niksic,my home town, has succeeded in climbing it. That day, for the very first time, human being was presented. It is the last conquered canyon in Europe and still one of the less visited places. Canyon is 3 km long, with number of waterfalls, whirls and passages made by the water. In some places Nevidio cliffs are half meter wide and 400 m high! Canyon is being passed during one day with special equipment (diving-suit, alpinist gear) with well experienced guides.

here Sun does not shine:cool:

madjoni

Here is small stream Bijela(White river)..atribute to Pridvorica river..
One of my favorit small streams...about 10 km long.

madjoni

Seems to me that you people dont like this freestone rivers :( so maybe some chalkstream and tailwater perhaps:)
Here is me home town river Zeta.It is sinking river.River Zeta flows underground over part of its length, disappearing into the ground through a sink hole in the (carboniferous) limestone. In uper course she runs trough karst field and at the end of the field she goes into ground at 590 meters above see level.
She apears again at 64 m.ubove see level and runs for 45km to meet with Moraca river near capitol Podgorica.
Here is uper course of Zeta,she is here chalkstream:)

madjoni

Here is some photos of Rastovac,small chalk stream atribut to Zeta in her uper course.Zeta in uper course have brown trout and a lot of chub and chub could be very huge and very dificult to catch.But in Rastovac,there are only brownies...

WelshOsprey

Thanks Madjoni, some great pictures of stunning scenery and rivers with beautiful looking fish in your country. Keep them coming.

"Seems to me that you people dont like this freestone rivers".
Not so, here in Wales we have freestone rivers not chalkstreams but I find both interesting and am happy for you to show more of both please.

Thanks again

madjoni

Thanks silversedge:)
Now we'll left the bigest karst field in Montenegro (Niksic field) and go tracking river Zeta in her lower course where she is tailwater.
Spring,we name it Perucica....it flows naturaly for 500metres ...

Here is me,trying something :joking:

and i get 'big' one :D:D