Montenegro

mixmaster

Here is a strange picture from Montenegro (River Lim):

2 chubs on a dry fly = 4kg

..and "usual":

grayling

madjoni

Chubs look wery deadly..
I dont appreciate to see dead fish on fly-fishing forums.
Hi Maks:)
Com on ..I dont know are those dead chubs but that is only chub.It is actually good deed if those two are dead:thumbs:It is not forbidden to catch and kill chub as much as you like on my home town waters for example ...
And I understand your point but UK forum is full with photos of dead fish.Just check threads about English rivers and lakes...

maks_ukraine

Hi Maks:)
Com on ..I dont know are those dead chubs but that is only chub.It is actually good deed if those two are dead:thumbs:It is not forbidden to catch and kill chub as much as you like on my home town waters for example ...
And I understand your point but UK forum is full with photos of dead fish.Just check threads about English rivers and lakes...
To be frank - we took after the method "catch and release" from England and USA, so if on our fly fishing forums appears picture with any dead fish - it will be immediately deleted and you can forget to be the member of this web site or it will be very difficult to raise your reputation. Even now on other fishing sites it is also not appreciated and will be deleted.
Maybe these countries have to much fish that we don't. At least we should bring up our younger generation to release fish.
Fly-fishing is the thing more about art, aesthetics, nice pictures...
I think you understand me....

Last edited:

madjoni

To be frank - we took after the method "catch and release" from England and USA, so if on our fly fishing forums appears picture with any dead fish - it will be immediately deleted and you can forget to be the member of this web site or it will be very difficult to raise your reputation. Even now on other fishing sites it is also not appreciated and will be deleted.
Maybe these countries have to much fish that we don't. At least we should bring up our younger generation to release fish.
Fly-fishing is the thing more about art, aesthetics, nice pictures...
I think you understand me....
haha..I dont think that English are to blame about inventing C&R:)
Did you know that English,not that long ago,used to harvest grayling from rivers and feed pigs with them..Allegedly grayling was trouble in water and bothers fine english gentlemen while they was fishing for trout..
Well,now they call grayling Lady of stream..so times are changing :thumbs:

About your forum rules ,it is same thing on my site ,but you and me must obey laws ,and law says here that one can catch and take 5 trout per day,bigger than 25cm....except in no-kill zones of course:thumbs:

Another matter,yes they do have more fish than we do but most of that fish they have is stocked .They have literally millions of fishermen and fishing is big business for them so waters are under big pressure...

Yes,I do understand you ..fishing is all that you said:thumbs:

madjoni

One great catch from Lim river and last week,this fellow used spinning rod and big wobbler ...15,5 kilos huchen

madjoni

Thanks Steve

As soon as this hot days pass :eek:mg: there will be more photos..
You got nice blog with things that I like the most:small streams and brown trout :thumbs:

madjoni

why not on flies madjoni,

i dont count fish hooked on spinners or wobblers, Im a purist:p:D:eek:mg::D:whistle:
I dont count them too:)
I dont fish huchen intentionally ,I mean I dont have nerves and money to do it..Fishermen say that huchen is fish of 1000 casts ...I will add one more zero to that number :D so I do what I like the best,brown trout and small streams;)

nymphist

Brown trout and small streams sounds good enough:thumbs:, its just me that Im thinking sometimes how would I feel to try this 1000+cast thing...:whistle::eek:mg::D:)

madjoni

Fall time is,or better say always was, good time for trout and grayling fishing here...But,this fall is no like the others...Drought usually last for month,maybe litle more during summer but this season we had more than 3 months without drop:( .Last couple weeks we had some rain but nothing happen,river Zeta is still low :( and fishing is bad too...but I managed to get trout or two :)

Here are some photos ,first some wild pomegranate fruit:),good sign that fishing should be good...

Only place where I found raising and active trout

And some wet flies that I used in North Country Spider style ,bigger is size 16,smaller are 18

falsecast

Great pictures again Joni, beautiful river. Looks as though 8 metre leaders would be very useful there

madjoni

cool looking waters and flies MJ, drought was a problem here as well
Yea,rivers soon will be bigger,but season will end in week :(

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Great pictures again Joni, beautiful river. Looks as though 8 metre leaders would be very useful there
Well,Zeta is trout water and I dont use leaders that long for trout ..ever.

madjoni

no waters open for graylings or rainbows MJ?
Yes there are,grayling and huchen season last till 15.february :thumbs: but rivers Tara and Lim are not that close to me and I cant go there on daily bases:(
We dont have any type of water with rainbows ,but I can fish chub all year round :)