Moral dilemma with COVID

4wings

I am going to have to go out, having been customers of Tesco since deliveries began, we cannot get a delivery slot. Tesco are posting slots AFTER MIDNIGHT for half an hour.
I am told to stay in then have the safety net of deliveries pulled out from under me.

ohanzee

I am going to have to go out, having been customers of Tesco since deliveries began, we cannot get a delivery slot. Tesco are posting slots AFTER MIDNIGHT for half an hour.
I am told to stay in then have the safety net of deliveries pulled out from under me.
Are you in a vulnerable category?

kype

I suppose you fellows believe in global warming, but do not question microwave radiation.
Here the Left is saying that Covid-19 is the "boomer dumper." & "Humanity is the disease and covid-19 is the cure." I think you fellows are not concerned about infecting others at all! You are scared you will get it. I understand that. Thing is most countries allow people to get out and exercise, go for walks in the woods and such. WHY not allow people to fly fish? I think I discovered why and that is you animal rights people are using this as an opportunity to stop you from "torturing" fish. Could that be part of it?
I fish here in New England most of the time. I fish alone, (you surely don't for a moment think I have any friends : ) so I will not see another angler the entire time I am out fishing. What is the harm of a man fly fishing alone? Check this guy out.

ohanzee

I suppose you fellows believe in global warming, but do not question microwave radiation.
Here the Left is saying that Covid-19 is the "boomer dumper." & "Humanity is the disease and covid-19 is the cure." I think you fellows are not concerned about infecting others at all! You are scared you will get it. I understand that. Thing is most countries allow people to get out and exercise, go for walks in the woods and such. WHY not allow people to fly fish? I think I discovered why and that is you animal rights people are using this as an opportunity to stop you from "torturing" fish. Could that be part of it?
I fish here in New England most of the time. I fish alone, (you surely don't for a moment think I have any friends : ) so I will not see another angler the entire time I am out fishing. What is the harm of a man fly fishing alone? Check this guy out.
I'm just back from a 6 mile round trip of the woods, along the river, I choose not to fish because we are in a collectively responsible period to prevent the number of cases swamping our free health care, if we act collectively to take that small sacrifice, we all gain..its called looking after your healthcare to help it look after you.
The more of us that act individually the more we encourage others to act individually, its got nothing to do with animal rights or any other bizarre myth Americans buy into.

eddleston123

Today, I had my daily exercise walk. To my surprise, I only witnessed one cyclist. Perhaps the message is getting home.

Having said that, whilst crossing Fotheringham bridge I looked down to see a dad with two young children at the side in the shallows. One of the toddlers had a fishing net. Perhaps I should have called the police - Just joking.

It was apparent to me that when someone was walking towards me they did a big exaggerated body swerve around me. I suspect that an element of extreme paranoia is beginning to creep in now!

Douglas

lhomme

Today, I had my daily exercise walk. To my surprise, I only witnessed one cyclist. Perhaps the message is getting home.

Having said that, whilst crossing Fotheringham bridge I looked down to see a dad with two young children at the side in the shallows. One of the toddlers had a fishing net. Perhaps I should have called the police - Just joking.

It was apparent to me that when someone was walking towards me they did a big exaggerated body swerve around me. I suspect that an element of extreme paranoia is beginning to creep in now!

Douglas
You'll get used to it, Douglas, at a certain point you'll even detect from the body language and facial expression if they're only doing it for themselves or for you as well.

ohanzee

Douglas
I saw this today also, I see it more like respect, a new etiquette of giving space, and shared, quite refreshing.
It seems the cyclists are much too busy to be bothered with all that stuff.

lhomme

I saw this today also, I see it more like respect, a new etiquette of giving space, and shared, quite refreshing.
You're in for a treat, over here it's like all people turned into sages. For weeks now there have been no major disturbances, crime has plummeted and the city (I'm dead in the middle) has gone quiet as it never was before and never will be again. Birds make the most noise now, much to the pleasure of many citizens who've never heard them before. I have to pinch myself from time to time, just to be sure it's real.

ed_t

Once a cyclist, now a gobshyte.

That was pretty light back in the day, my first serious bike was an Orange clockwork framed build that tipped the scales at 19.5lb, not bad even by today's standards but nothing like what is possible today.
Or is that a constant gobshyte?

Goodnight walter, watch your sleep patterns.

ohanzee

You're in for a treat, over here it's like all people turned into sages. For weeks now there have been no major disturbances, crime has plummeted and the city (I'm dead in the middle) has gone quiet as it never was before and never will be again. Birds make the most noise now, much to the pleasure of many citizens who've never heard them before. I have to pinch myself from time to time, just to be sure it's real.
Its like that here without the lock down! if anything I'm seeing more people out walking and cycling, the Scottish response seems to be a sudden interest in outdoor health and supermarkets.

ohanzee

Once a cyclist, now a gobshyte.
Yes ed, prizes to prove it, nephew in the Olympic squad..I like to think I influenced that, what has that got to do with the current bunch of head cam warriors?

ed_t

Yes ed, prizes to prove it, nephew in the Olympic squad..I like to think I influenced that, what has that got to do with the current bunch of head cam warriors?
Your hypocrisy.

Now go and get some sleep.

lhomme

Its like that here without the lock down! if anything I'm seeing more people out walking and cycling, the Scottish response seems to be a sudden interest in outdoor health and supermarkets.
It's funny how perception can differ, I guess I would have looked at people differently in this situation when I was still out in nature, seeing them more as intruders of my peace, also.

ohanzee

It's funny how perception can differ, I guess I would have looked at people differently in this situation when I was still out in nature, seeing them more as intruders of my peace, also.
It is a bit like that, not in an intrusive way as such, but they never came before!