More than just another fly fisherman

Rod3

I have always found other fly fishermen to be friendly but for the last 48 hrs Mr. Trout has been more than just a friend.
After my car was hit by a wayward motorist on Wednesday Steven waited with me at the roadside for over four hours while the AA got their act together and arranged a recovery vehicle. He then helped arrange an inspection of my car at a local garage and later helped me
Transfer all my bags and fishing gear into an arranged hire car. All this help and more was in order that I could get back home some 300 miles down south.
Steven, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a credit to our fishing community! With a friend like you I can wish for nothing more. ( Apart from a few more tight lines).
Rod Dibble

wobbly face

Yep, a true gentleman. :thumbs:
Met up with Steven a few months back and he got me a very good deal on a fly rod from John Norris, we then spent the day fishing and very pleasant it was too. :goodcast:

sean freeman

I’ve only met Steven once but he was a true gent, the forum and fishing community is a better place for having people like him. :thumbs:

..great taste is fly reels too!

Mrtrout

I have always found other fly fishermen to be friendly but for the last 48 hrs Mr. Trout has been more than just a friend.
After my car was hit by a wayward motorist on Wednesday Steven waited with me at the roadside for over four hours while the AA got their act together and arranged a recovery vehicle. He then helped arrange an inspection of my car at a local garage and later helped me
Transfer all my bags and fishing gear into an arranged hire car. All this help and more was in order that I could get back home some 300 miles down south.
Steven, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a credit to our fishing community! With a friend like you I can wish for nothing more. ( Apart from a few more tight lines).
Rod Dibble
That’s very kind of you Sir Rodney, but I know you’d have done exactly the same for me.
I could hardly abandon a dear friend at the roadside especially my guest, I’m just glad we were able to get you home safely after an awful experience.
I still feel sorry for the young lady who lost control and wrote he little Panda off that morning, she was very lucky to have got out blemish free, I just hope it makes her a bit more careful in future on our tiny country lanes.
As for tight lines, get that car sorted and I’ll see you next April.
Look after yourself Rod it wasn’t an easy 24 hours for you.
S.

corto maltese

This sounds just like the Steven I met and his wife is totally in the same spirit.
I just wish they lived closer to me so I could catch up with them both more often.
Top chap and better Alf, so glad I got to meet them both.
Nice one Mr Trout
:D

taffy1

This is a gesture from a suberb gentleman who involves himself not only in another angler's enjoyment in his company, also in the dramatic circumstances a fellow angler ventures into. My hat is off to you MrT. Very Gallant.