Mortimer and Whitehouse.

davestocker

North Uist is the most God-forsaken place I've ever had the misfortune to visit. Never mind the Machair lochs, my abiding memory was of a treeless desert where the wind never stopped blowing. And just to compound matters the chosen religion of the people living there was a joyless hellfire and damnation Scottish Presbyterianism. Best avoided.

Bobfly2

Then you should have gone to Benbecula and South Uist. Much more friendly and relaxed without the Wee Frees !!

Jason 70

I enjoyed it, when Bob slipped and hurt his hip, he done well not to eff and jeff. It looked like it hurt him, I would have turned the air blue if that was me. It looks a really stunning place to cast a line.

morangiedave

North Uist is the most God-forsaken place I've ever had the misfortune to visit. Never mind the Machair lochs, my abiding memory was of a treeless desert where the wind never stopped blowing. And just to compound matters the chosen religion of the people living there was a joyless hellfire and damnation Scottish Presbyterianism. Best avoided.
Not been to Birmingham then ?

noel

Watched it last night instead of the depressing news , we were both entertained.

yespsb

I have only been once but I really enjoyed North & South Uist, ditto Benbencula. As for it being the most god forsaken place you have visited all I can assume is you have led a very sheltered life :)

taffy1

Great to see 2 good friends out & about having a laugh together, the fishing is a common interest to both but secondary to the friendship & disabilites both have encountered.

noel

Watched last nights episode and thoroughly enjoyed it . Watendlath looks interesting .

Elwyman

Like Bob, I used to visit Derwentwater and Borrowdale often in my teens during the 60s and 70s. We used to camp at Ashness Bridge, which is where Bob and Paul met Bob's friend.....such a stunning view from the old bridge, across Derwentwater to Keswick and Skiddaw.
Watendlath tarn was just up the lane from the campsite, it was just wild brownies in those days.
Enjoyable show, good banter and stunning locations.

Mrtrout

Watched last nights episode and thoroughly enjoyed it . Watendlath looks interesting .
It can be good Noel, a lot of the fish feed on top and my last visit was all on dries, they fight hard too.
Bit of an awkward run up to it if the roads are busy, but worth a go.
S.

codyarrow

Watendlath was the first place I actually saw the whole event of a fish taking my fly. The fly was down a few feet and I witnessed the fish come from a few feet away from the elevation of the boat (yes I was standing up..me bad) Must have been about 13 or 14.
Funny how some fishing moments stick with you far more than others.

Last edited: