Mountain lakes/river in Pyrenees, Asturias, and/or Austria. Any help? Also, hello!

simonL

Hi,
From my experience,
We use to go for a hiking trip on June and/or September in French Pyrenees with rugby mates. I prefer Sptember (no snowing expected)
Mostly we follow the " HRP" ( "Haute randonnée Pyrénéene" - the highest track, following peaks) and I always bring some light fishing stuff with me. It's a bit special, different from big streams fishing like down in the valley but it's so magic, pure and scenic !
A 10' rod, couple dry flies in a single box and that's all.
As we almost always camp close to creeks or lakes, I can enjoy few hours fishing each day...
For me, it's close to the perfect fishing - even fish are small.

If you have time for your trip (I mean couple weeks to stay), between French and Spanish Pyrenees, from medium mountain to highest, you can only have a good time.

SImon

heero

Thanks for the recommends!

It is looking like this trip is going to be a total wash due to the ongoing pandemic with the EU not lifting restriction until after summer. Funnily, Russia is looking as tho it might actually be open for me so my original plan of a few week in Altai may work out afterall.