My New Atomsix 7wt

GEK79

Atomsix Elemental 9ft #6, 10ft #7, 10ft #3 Elemental Nymph. 7.6ft #4 Neutrino (first rod I got of Steve), 7ft #3 and 7.9ft #4 Celestial, 10ft #3 Singularity (second rod, then they just kept arriving :ROFLMAO:).
He also sent me a couple of rods to try before deciding which I wanted. (y) Also did me a new top section f.o.c for the Neutrino when I snapped it. 👌
Can you guys recommend one of the rods that works well with wets and dries.. I'm looking at maybe a treat end of year bonus and I kn
Atomsix Elemental 9ft #6, 10ft #7, 10ft #3 Elemental Nymph. 7.6ft #4 Neutrino (first rod I got of Steve), 7ft #3 and 7.9ft #4 Celestial, 10ft #3 Singularity (second rod, then they just kept arriving :ROFLMAO:).
He also sent me a couple of rods to try before deciding which I wanted. (y) Also did me a new top section f.o.c for the Neutrino when I snapped it. 👌
Could you recommend a rod that they make that's good for wets and dries.. I mainly fish dries but wets early on in season..

taffy1

Can you guys recommend one of the rods that works well with wets and dries.. I'm looking at maybe a treat end of year bonus and I kn

Could you recommend a rod that they make that's good for wets and dries.. I mainly fish dries but wets early on in season..
Contact Steve direct, he'll point you in the right direction & he's a great guy to deal with. You won't be disappointed with any of his rods. Fabulous service with excellent quality.

JCP

Not sure where Steve is at now with the models.Reservoir fishing friends I have who fish Bristol Waters amongst others have and still have Tachyon 10ft 7wts. I have a 9ft 5wt ''Dark Matter'' which I bought on this forum a good while back.It is still here and not going anywhere anytime soon.

JP

GEK79

Not sure where Steve is at now with the models.Reservoir fishing friends I have who fish Bristol Waters amongst others have and still have Tachyon 10ft 7wts. I have a 9ft 5wt ''Dark Matter'' which I bought on this forum a good while back.It is still here and not going anywhere anytime soon.

JP
This is an investment to me next time I'll spend is retirement.. I would like a rod that's 9ft 5wt that I can use on the river as well as the lough.. Does such a rod exist..

wobbly face

Celestial or Arid.
Just seen your last post, Celestial 9ft #5 would suit. But speak to Steve first he'll put you right.

JCP

In serious answer to your ? such rods do exist with the inevitable caveat being personal choice and experience.The 9ft 5wt is the benchmark ''allrounder'' especially in USA.There are plenty available right across the price spectrum.I happen to think some of the older rods have not been bettered.Hope you find your ''holy grail'' 9ft 5wt.Wish I could be of more help.Do some research and not via the ''shoot outs''.Folks who spend a lot of time on the water.New Zealand is a another bastion of the 9ft 5wt.Have a look at what they are using.End of the day if you choose the custom route via Atom Six,Bloke Fly Rods,Chas Burns or another here in UK would think you are on pretty safe ground.Only custom build I was ever involved in was commissioning Steve Parton to build a 9ft 6wt on a Harrison Blank for a very close friend who sadly departed in Decenber 2016.The rod is a cracker sitting in a cupboard somewhere near Richmond Park in London.Options for you to ponder.Don't rush into it if you do not need to.

JP

JoeOh

I purchased a Tachyon 10ft 7wt basically because I wanted a customised rod and it to be from a homegrown rod builder. Steve informed me that it would easily handle an 8wt DI seven line and so it did. Brilliantly, so much that after launching a booby out to the 40 yd limit of the line, something snapped... No, not the rod, the rotor- cuff in my right shoulder!. That will teach me and took a year to mend. Great rod that will nevet be sold, great service from Steve and a rod that is durable enough to break me, rather than the other way round. When future funds allow. another rod is on the wish list. Check out the website and keep up the great work Steve.

GEK79

In serious answer to your ? such rods do exist with the inevitable caveat being personal choice and experience.The 9ft 5wt is the benchmark ''allrounder'' especially in USA.There are plenty available right across the price spectrum.I happen to think some of the older rods have not been bettered.Hope you find your ''holy grail'' 9ft 5wt.Wish I could be of more help.Do some research and not via the ''shoot outs''.Folks who spend a lot of time on the water.New Zealand is a another bastion of the 9ft 5wt.Have a look at what they are using.End of the day if you choose the custom route via Atom Six,Bloke Fly Rods,Chas Burns or another here in UK would think you are on pretty safe ground.Only custom build I was ever involved in was commissioning Steve Parton to build a 9ft 6wt on a Harrison Blank for a very close friend who sadly departed in Decenber 2016.The rod is a cracker sitting in a cupboard somewhere near Richmond Park in London.Options for you to ponder.Don't rush into it if you do not need to.

JP
I have a 9ft 7/8 that I love and have a 10ft 4 wr for the river but I'm. Planning on taking that to the lough for some fun.. As with most fishermen/women do I need another rod.. But I'm going to have a nice 5wt..iys for the next season so will do my research.. Thanks as usual for all the help
Gary

GEK79

I purchased a Tachyon 10ft 7wt basically because I wanted a customised rod and it to be from a homegrown rod builder. Steve informed me that it would easily handle an 8wt DI seven line and so it did. Brilliantly, so much that after launching a booby out to the 40 yd limit of the line, something snapped... No, not the rod, the rotor- cuff in my right shoulder!. That will teach me and took a year to mend. Great rod that will nevet be sold, great service from Steve and a rod that is durable enough to break me, rather than the other way round. When future funds allow. another rod is on the wish list. Check out the website and keep up the great work Steve.
Wow.. I won't be telling the wife about the rotor cuff I'm only just better after shattering my arm.. Lol.. Seems to be atomsix I did reach out to burnsbuiltrods.. No reply.. Thanks guys..

James9118

I broke the #7 BFCC casting record with an AtomSix rod. I also fish with them, more than equal to any US rod I've cast (incidentally, Steve used to use Century blanks but he changed some time back).
Steve always has demo rods available that you can take fishing for the day rather than just have a few grass casts - try asking a shop for a Sage to try for the day 😁.
Also when things go wrong and you snap a section (entirely my fault) you phone up and speak to the man himself - none of the hassle of returning a rod to the US.
Oh, he's a great caster too.