My white rod is finished.

petevicar

It has taken almost a couple of months to finish.
I made lots of mistakes and learned a lot.

This is made on a white MHX 8wt 9ft blank with white colour sealed thread.

The white blank and thread show up every imperfection and mistake. I had to strip things down and start again on a couple of the sections.

I also had some dust problems on the epoxy and one evening a fruit fly decided to get stuck. Well it is a fly rod.

Again it's not perfect but I like the look and I think it will do the job.

I also had problems with the decals and decided to simply label the rod with rings to show the line weight.

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0877.jpeg

GEK79

It has taken almost a couple of months to finish.
I made lots of mistakes and learned a lot.

This is made on a white MHX 8wt 9ft blank with white colour sealed thread.

The white blank and thread show up every imperfection and mistake. I had to strip things down and start again on a couple of the sections.

I also had some dust problems on the epoxy and one evening a fruit fly decided to get stuck. Well it is a fly rod.

Again it's not perfect but I like the look and I think it will do the job.

I also had problems with the decals and decided to simply label the rod with rings to show the line weight.

View attachment 28722

View attachment 28723
Excellent looking rod.. Enjoy, update us after you get using it please..

glosterboy

A couple of months, it takes me about that long to build one as well. Nice job, looks quite striking all in white.
What will you be chasing with it pike?

original cormorant

Welcome to the white rod club. That reel seat colour is the perfect one for white blanks, I like the subtle wordless size marking also the mix of corks in the handle ought to be followed in more rods.
Have you had the opportunity to cast it yet?
I didn't make mine - it's a Vision which was the only reasonably priced #6 saltwater rod I could find at the time.