mystery tree/bush

h49

Possibly different with an ipad or whatever but desktop pics drag straight into posts, just hit 'reply', minimise the screen so you can see the pic on the desktop, and drag over into the post where it says 'write your reply', not the URL box, you don't need to click on image or anything.
Tried that over and over again yesterday, always do as you explain with other sites and FB etc., but not successful. Hi to you and everyone trying to help....I'm h49's wife. I usually sort things out for him as he's not terribly good with technology......never failed him before, won't give up. Back to it now and will try again :)

ohanzee

It could be an unrecognisable file, could try changing to a Jpeg, most basic way is right click on the pic file and click 'open with', your computer will have a list of apps that will open it, 'Paint' or whatever will open it and let you save it as a JPeg, then just drag and drop into the post.

h49

It could be an unrecognisable file, could try changing to a Jpeg, most basic way is right click on the pic file and click 'open with', your computer will have a list of apps that will open it, 'Paint' or whatever will open it and let you save it as a JPeg, then just drag and drop into the post.
Will try that.....thankyou for taking the time to help.

h49

Tried everything, it's not a problem with my mouse, Chrome, windows 10 etc. or anything else I can think of to check. Drag and drop works on FB, Messenger, emails, and other forums. Thank you all for helping, have tried advice ......hubby will continue to enjoy the site but I've told him not to ask me to post any pics :rolleyes::)

ohanzee

It may be that you need privilege's or something to post pics, possibly contact admin?

baca157

Tried everything, it's not a problem with my mouse, Chrome, windows 10 etc. or anything else I can think of to check. Drag and drop works on FB, Messenger, emails, and other forums. Thank you all for helping, have tried advice ......hubby will continue to enjoy the site but I've told him not to ask me to post any pics :rolleyes::)
Don’t drag and drop anything. Here are instructions from an iPad but it works pretty much the same on any device...

Click on the picture icon on in the tool bar (next to the chain link image and emoji’s):
E8726C5E-4603-4F6C-A6D9-1C8C7757A7CE.png

Then click (tap) on the Drop Image box - another box appears. Tap (click) photo library:
81D5E54D-7A5B-44C0-8E82-919A526AA2FA.png
select the photo:
89C0779A-7CBA-4225-ACEB-C53DE0B14738.png
Click (tap) “use”:
EF92D987-BE21-415A-B8D4-110EBC1DD30F.png
Hope that helps

Cheers,
sebastian

h49

It may be that you need privilege's or something to post pics, possibly contact admin?
I have tried absolutely everything but all I get is not an oblong with insert image, just a space to insert by URL . You may be right and I haven't got permission to post pictures? If that's the case I have wasted an awful lot of time trying to do the impossible :( Thanks again all who have tried to help.
(I have contacted admin, but for now I give up. )

Whinging pom

I’m pretty sure it’s not permission. I’m not tech savvy enough to help , it’s a shame you can’t phone someone on the forum who could talk you through it….don’t get down hearted there will be a way.

h49

I’m pretty sure it’s not permission. I’m not tech savvy enough to help , it’s a shame you can’t phone someone on the forum who could talk you through it….don’t get down hearted there will be a way.
So kind of you. I keep on doing as advised but it just won't let me drag and drop or insert an image. Takes a few minutes to put photos on FB, emails and other sites but with this I am quite frustrated 🙃

ohanzee

So kind of you. I keep on doing as advised but it just won't let me drag and drop or insert an image. Takes a few minutes to put photos on FB, emails and other sites but with this I am quite frustrated 🙃

I uploaded this in the same way you would facebook, clicked on image icon then dropped the image into the box, it greys out for a few seconds while it uploads then appears clear when it's done..

It could be that your photograph is too big(in pixels) and is rejected? try a random google image dragged onto your desktop.

Orkney2017_0829.jpg

h49

I've been at it again .......driving myself mad, tried photobucket, old account had to delete a lot of files for it to allow me to upload, then I just can't seem to get it to show IMG to copy to forum. I really will have to give up. So grateful for the patience and help.

Latest posts