Nadder at Tisbury

the whopper

As I visit my daughter near Tisbury regularly I thought I'd join Tisbury AC and try their stretch of the Nadder. I fished it for the first time today. I have to say it's a little challenging, very overgrown with over hanging branches and trees fallen into the channel, not to mention lots of barbed wire to climb over. Managed to extract three trout, my first of the season, but it was hard work. Does anyone else fish this stretch of the Nadder, if so what strategies do you use to fish it.

Thanks.

Chris

Last edited:

JCP

Hello Chris

Is in my neck of the woods and I have fished it although not often.It is combat style fishing and the domain of the concocted casting techniques and catapult etc.
Short rod country.It is hard work 'simples' and is what it is.Water meadows so plenty of fly life.Barbed wire due to cattle pastures.Is a mixed fishery so will not see too many anglers during closed season.Duo is a good tactic.Some nice chub on the fly.

Best. JP

bull_bell

What sort of flies did you use? COarse/match fisherman, but I do have a go during the coarse close season usually only get a brace or so when I go though.

the whopper

I was fishing duo using GRHE and PTN, not sure what was on the dropper, something green. All three ware taken on the nymph. Lost about ten flies to the tree trout. Impossible to do a normal cast just little flicks and limited roll casts.

Chris

tjjm

My good friend owns a long stretch
Of the Nadder , and I have fished it many times , I find it difficult also but it really natural I like it and like others use a short rod, and wade .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts