Name that stillwater!

aldot

Actually, I've just spotted the shed in the second photo. This, and the distinctive gorse, make me sure this is Loch Brora top loch?

Last edited:

Cap'n Fishy

Actually, I've just spotted the shed in the second photo. This, and the distinctive gorse, make me sure this is Loch Brora top loch?

Spot on - it is Brora, Top Loch! Good spot with the shed, but this must be the first time a loch has been identified by its gorse! :eek:

I was trying to avoid shots with Carroll Rock in them, as it's a dead-giveaway, and most of my shots have it there, somewhere in the background - it's hard to avoid! :p

Here is a 7-frame wide panorama from Gordonbush, but you'll need a wide monitor to see it at its best...

Brora2019_0075-Pano-small.jpg

It was a, 'first correct guess posts the next one' game in the early days, but it's a free-for-all now, so feel free to put up as many as you like - though best to do them one at a time... ;)

Col

LukeNZ

Spot on - it is Brora, Top Loch! Good spot with the shed, but this must be the first time a loch has been identified by its gorse! :eek:

I was trying to avoid shots with Carroll Rock in them, as it's a dead-giveaway, and most of my shots have it there, somewhere in the background - it's hard to avoid! :p

Here is a 7-frame wide panorama from Gordonbush, but you'll need a wide monitor to see it at its best...

Brora2019_0075-Pano-small.jpg

It was a, 'first correct guess posts the next one' game in the early days, but it's a free-for-all now, so feel free to put up as many as you like - though best to do them one at a time... ;)

Col

...now that is a cracking view Col.

Will you guys accept some NZ ones, and also as I am away to the US Pacific Northwest for a month (from Thursday) I can post some of the fishing spots there too?

Yeehaaa!

aldot

I dont take many photographs of the landscapes I visit so dont have many pics that are good enough for the thread and most of the pkaces I fish are too obscure or small to put up.

I will keep the thread in mind in future though . . .

Anyway, here goes with one, apologies if it has been posted before

DSCN0450.jpg

easker1

Looked Like cobles,lot of them around Northumberland, too much tumble home for a fly fishing boat, easker1