Need a hand identifying a bird you have seen?

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
This really handly little tool from the RSPB lets you enter what you remember about the bird like size, colours, location and comes up with its best suggestions to help you narrow it down.

The RSPB: Bird identifier

Try it! :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Worked well for me in my test - had a Fieldfare in mind and it narrowed down to Fieldfare or Mistle Thrush based on my selections.

rudolf hukka

Banned
Banned
Would it help to I.D. the legendary Oozlum Bird :D:D:D
I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of one once, & it winked at be before vanishing from view..

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oozlum_bird"]Oozlum bird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Rudolf

Last edited:

benjammin

Would it help to I.D. the legendary Oozlum Bird :D:D:D
I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of one once, & it winked at be before vanishing from view..

Oozlum bird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rudolf

Did you notice by any chance just where it disappeared !.
Come to think I would be just a little alarmed at a bird winking at me who could carry me on its back, oh no, hang on,! that happened to me at Orrell RU Club many years ago when a bird carried me out blind drunk and took me to see her nest/bush,sorry :whistle::eek:mg:

brownsville

No, but if I did I would find somewhere on the web, such as one of the many birding sites, where I wouldn't have to log in just to read a few posts.

Either that, or consult one of my books.

brownsville

Am I in the right section?

What's your favourite 4-6-2 ?

Last edited:

ant77

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184&hl=en-GB&gl=GB]FAMILY GUY - Bird is the Word! - YouTube[/ame]

In response to the bird-finder no thanks RSPB I have some books and you are just dumbing down real ID skills in an attempt to get everyone to pay your membership fees. I gave £10k to the BTO in gift-aid last year so stick that up your Jacksy.

ohanzee

i need a hand to identify a bird i have seen, this didn't work at all so i'll throw it open to the forum, 5'6'' brunette, late 30's, gets off the train at Glasgow central.

diawl bach

Bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird bird

Last edited:

bibio1st

I've got the ibird uk app on my phone which is very good, 283 birds which can be seen in the uk, gives pictures, calls, similar birds to compare and plenty of info, all for 69p.

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts