Needle Knot

ohanzee

here you go Richard, the most expensive sewing machine needle on the planet, it can be used as a needle and/or nail knot tube, its also got a magnetic bit on it to pick out flies...

C&F%20Design%20Nail%20Knot%20Using%20Nail%20Knot%20Tool.jpg

Last edited:

beryl

here you go Richard, the most expensive sewing machine needle on the planet, it can be used as a needle and/or nail knot tube, its also got a magnetic bit on it to pick out flies...

C&F%20Design%20Nail%20Knot%20Using%20Nail%20Knot%20Tool.jpg

Did you waste your money on that when you, briefly, gave up smoking?;)......Or stopped spending money on razors now I come to think about it!

Last edited:

ohanzee

Did you waste your money on that when you, briefly, gave up smoking?;)......Or stopped spending money on razors now I come to think about it!

i kept loosing my sewing machine needle, the C+F one is not just a tool, its a tool that is slightly harder to loose, 35p in materials, ten quid on 'non loose design':D and its just the right size, try finding that in the haberdashery dept;)

overthehill

Further to my original post, first needle knot successfully accomplished. Looks the part. Will give it a chuck next week and see if it holds!

overthehill

It's an age thing! Everything takes longer when you get to my age (ahem!). Seriously, I'm amazed at how much better the fly turns over with this new connection. Now all I have to do is to persuade the fish how clever I am!

chris09

this is what Bruce's 'no knot' join looks like, same as Franks SBS, everyone now asks do they pull out:) done right they are as strong as a nail knot.

ohanzee-albums-ohanzee-s-pics-picture6247-al-002.jpg

Hi Alan

Do you have any instructions for this.

Cheers

Chris

chris09

Bump - to ask if anyone has a guide for the above.

Cheers

Chris

chris09

Thanks for the pm Trev

That's just what I was looking for.

Cheers

Chris

trevh

Excellent. Good luck with it!

I really like it but tend to use a needle knot myself as I lose less of the tip of the fly line when I change leaders.

Trev