New 3/4 wt Custom Reel

Gordon Ottershaw

Banned
Banned
Hey, don’t feel sorry for me mate, I’ve been a mad keen fisherman for well over 60 years and enjoy every minute.
Im also quite good at investing in items, antiques, paintings, coins, and other collectibles including fishing tackle.
Have you never seen the prices LAW vices are now fetching?
About £400 initially now up to £4000, its called common sense.
You telling me you wouldn’t buy one cheap if you found one and then hopefully make two grand on it, pull the other one.
Im not a fan of the Apte reels, but it’s obvious your letting everyone know YOU own no 1, well good for you, I suppose you fish with it all the time as well.?
Bully for you.
S.
You want to know who owns the 001 reel? I thought you was an expert on Hart reels......ok, let me tell you, STU APTE.
You know how I know that? Go on have a guess.

Mrtrout

You want to know who owns the 001 reel? I thought you was an expert on Hart reels......ok, let me tell you, STU APTE.
You know how I know that? Go on have a guess.
Yawn, Zzzz frankly Gordon, if that’s your real name, I couldn’t Give a flying fish, you’re spoiling a nice thread of Rovers, and I refuse to listen to any more trash.
Apologies Graham.
S.

jaybeegee

Hi all

Another one completed this week, unashamedly based very much on an ARI I, this one which is a variation on a larger model I made for a few months back in silver and gold and with different porting on the spool flanges.

As usual, made from T6082 grade aluminium, fully anodised deep red and natural, captive spool retaining knob, clicker drag, adjustable canted reel foot, faux suede drawstring pouch, etc, all other parts stainless steel, delrin and PTFE, and engraved with my 'GSR' makers' mark.

As ever, comments/recommendations/criticisms or whatever welcome.....

View attachment 27757
View attachment 27758
View attachment 27759
View attachment 27760
View attachment 27761
View attachment 27763
View attachment 27764
That’s another lovely reel Rover. I could field test it for you....🤩

B

Gordon Ottershaw

Banned
Banned
Yawn, Zzzz frankly Gordon, if that’s your real name, I couldn’t Give a flying fish, you’re spoiling a nice thread of Rovers, and I refuse to listen to any more trash.
Apologies Graham.
S.
Yer right, so you think its ok to promote replicas of Ari Hart reels? That used to be called fraud? Just change a decal and a colour and its ok is it? No doubt your on an earner from this, like I said if your so wealthy why sell all your Ari Hart reels and buy a replica?

ROVER

Trade Member
Yer right, so you think its ok to promote replicas of Ari Hart reels? That used to be called fraud? Just change a decal and a colour and its ok is it? No doubt your on an earner from this, like I said if your so wealthy why sell all your Ari Hart reels and buy a replica?
Gordon

I told myself i wouldnt get drawn in, but cant help myself. Can you not glean from the thread that nobody particularly cares what you think? It's clearly rag week for you, if you have nothing else to offer other than being argumentative with other established and respected members of this forum and try to belittle others.....simply stop your drivel and 'do one, go play with your original original originals.

Gordon Ottershaw

Banned
Banned
Gordon

I told myself i wouldnt get drawn in, but cant help myself. Can you not glean from the thread that nobody particularly cares what you think? It's clearly rag week for you, if you have nothing else to offer other than being argumentative with other established and respected members of this forum and try to belittle others.....simply stop your drivel and 'do one, go play with your original original originals.
Do me a favour you clown, your knockin out Ari Hart replicas and you have a.few old fa#ts supporting you? Like I said, you have talent but you chose to rip off other peoples ideas and designs. I think that makes you a loser, any idiots that buy your reels will find they are worthless in a years time. But an Ari Hart reel, fish with it, still valuable in ten years time.

ROVER

Trade Member
Do me a favour you clown, your knockin out Ari Hart replicas and you have a.few old fa#ts supporting you? Like I said, you have talent but you chose to rip off other peoples ideas and designs. I think that makes you a loser, any idiots that buy your reels will find they are worthless in a years time. But an Ari Hart reel, fish with it, still valuable in ten years time.
I'm not 'knocking out anything, i'm enjoying myself pursuing an interest in making stuff in my shed which fortunately, quite a few people seem to appreciate, yourself excluded.

Some people enjoy seeing things come out of a common or garden 10 by 4 lean to work shop. Clown, old farts...you've shown you're true colours after just a few posts, go back under the stone you crawled put from a couple of weeks ago you irksome creature.

Latest posts