New Air Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrynic

Hi Guys
Im looking for advice on buying an airifle, the last one i owned was a Weihrauch HW80 and that was about 30 yrs plus ago.
I suffer from Tennis elbow in both arms so it will need to be fairly light so was thinking of buying a pcp probably on the used market budget of about £500 to £600ish.
I do recall my HW80 being very heavy after being out for a day with it.
Any reccomendations or advice would be much appreciated
Cheers
Garry

richard griffith

Have a look at the Air Arms PCP's.S 400 and 500.Former I know has a lite version which is very manageable.plenty of reviews to pursue on the internet.Good luck.Richard.

garrynic

Have a look at the Air Arms PCP's.S 400 and 500.Former I know has a lite version which is very manageable.plenty of reviews to pursue on the internet.Good luck.Richard.
tHANKS mATE
i HAVE BEEN
Thank Mate
I have been doing a fair bit or research and the mind boggles a bit.
From what i have read people seem to favour Air Arms and Weihrauch for my budget. i also have to then budget for a scope and filling bottle, unless i can buy as a package.
To be honest i think i would buy a Weihrauch springer if i thought my arms could take it.
It does appear to be a lot simpler, cock lever add pellet and fire
Cheers
Garry

4wings

The Air Arms 400 is a very nice gun, but if you fancy a light springer their underlever Pro Sport is fairly light go for .177 for the flatter trajectory.

suzzy buzzer

The air arms prosport is a hefty lump, maybe a bit heavier than the 80.
A nice light springer is the HW99, or if you want a super accurate and lightweight pcp, air arms S200.

Paul_B

I have the Air Arms S410 rather than the single shot 400, its a nice light gun however you should consider the refill cost, I bought mine complete with a bottle off Gunstar

garrynic

Thanks for the replies Guys
I have also been told to have a look at the Weihrauch HW100.
Anybody have any experience of this model?
Cheers

JayP

Thanks for the replies Guys
I have also been told to have a look at the Weihrauch HW100.
Anybody have any experience of this model?
Cheers
I looked at a few but settled on the AA as they were generally cheaper to buy and maintain

speytime

I've had Weihrauch,s in the past so has my brother they were good guns but I'm not sure which models.
Im told there quite heavy compared to some so it might be worth looking into, i think Lee71 has knowledge on them.
Talking to my brother last night he reminded me that I lost a magazine from his logan air wolf 🤭 bolt action electric computerised trigger as you can imagine he wasn't happy, it was quite a rifle but silly money.

Al

garrynic

Thanks Al
It sure is a lot different selection wise, compared to the old springer days.
Cheers

Paul_B

One thing that ought to be mentioned is that an air tank is better than filling with a pump as tanked air is dry, whereas air from a hand pump can contain moisture which isn't good for the guns insides.

garrynic

One thing that ought to be mentioned is that an air tank is better than filling with a pump as tanked air is dry, whereas air from a hand pump can contain moisture which isn't good for the guns insides.
A pump is definately ot of the running mate.
My body and Lungs couldnt take it:)

lee71

As Speytime says I've had a few HW's the 80 is a great gun but heavy which does absorb some recoil, they are easy to strip and tune as well, the 77 is a beauty also, for lighter optiond the 95 and 99s are great and all have the legendary rekord trigger which is one of the best if not the best fitted to an off the shelf springer. Guns to last a lifetime as theyre bombproof.

lee71

I've been out of it for a while but been on airgunforum for a few months as looking to get a new one, there is a couple of fellas on there who sell tune-up kits but unsure about terminator one. My best springer I ever had was a 1986 venom tuned lazaglide HW 80 (wish I'd still got it) then went pcp.
Airforce used to be the kit of choice (in Sheffield) with the square section mainspring/oxspring. Used to be a bit naughty tho as it would take rifle above limit.

jack_russell

Hi gang - this is timely as I'm in the market for an air rifle for plinking rats that are snuffling round my chicken enclosure's,
Any recommendations for this task, weight not overly critical as I'll be only using it for an hour or so in the evening & I don't need to walk far!
Like a few on on here had a few Springer's back in the day including a early hw77 so was wondering what is around nowadays??
Any advice appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.