New boots?

donnieh

Hi all,

The complete boot sole (rubber and felt combined!) decided to part company with my Scierra boots recently and I've been searching around recently.

I've narrowed my search down to either Guideline Laxa or Vision Loikka, both felt sole.

Any recommendations for either?

Thanks
Don

Mrtrout

Hi all,

The complete boot sole (rubber and felt combined!) decided to part company with my Scierra boots recently and I've been searching around recently.

I've narrowed my search down to either Guideline Laxa or Vision Loikka, both felt sole.

Any recommendations for either?

Thanks
Don

Ive read bad things about the Guideline ones Don somewhere?
Have a look at Taimen, mine have been excellent seven years old and soles have never parted or look like they are about to.
S.

G

GEK79

Have a look at Taimen, mine have been excellent seven years old and soles have never parted or look like they are about to.
S.
Are they somewhat water proof..??, please don't think me ignorant..

JayP

My Taimen boots lasted a season until I caught my toe on a rock and the felt sole came away, do Taimen do a stitched in felt sole on some of their boots?

Replaced the Taimen's with Hodgman H5's and love them https://www.anglingactive.co.uk/hod...Xckb9H6l4e-la8QRzAQCqpBcaAiSREALw_wcB#529=117
S.

Mrtrout

The H5's came with rubber soles fitted and a spare pair of felt, so far the rubber has been pretty good and certainly don't miss felt on slippery grassy Banks 👍

Ive used rubber now for the last eight years, I fit a few studs and haven’t really had a problem, I found felt very slippy.
S.

wobbly face

I have Hogman's with the H lock soles/treads. Have used plain rubber (which slipped) and rubber with studs (fine) has one of the studs missing and another is on it's way out. Only used the felt with studs the once and they were fine.
I have Vision Loikka but with gummy rubber and studs, studs are past their best and I now slip in them, also the gummy rubber over the toes have come away and I had to cut off.

daniport

I have Orvis boots and so far so good. I bought the Encounter (felt) a couple of years ago for travel.. worn them twice and they are very comfortable. I bought the clearwater for a friend (felt) and they look sound. bought the Pro for myself (no felt allowed in Spain) and they are very comfortable and dont slip as much as Vibram.

JayP

I have Orvis boots and so far so good. I bought the Encounter (felt) a couple of years ago for travel.. worn them twice and they are very comfortable. I bought the clearwater for a friend (felt) and they look sound. bought the Pro for myself (no felt allowed in Spain) and they are very comfortable and dont slip as much as Vibram.
Is that a new law Dan?

JayP

It is in Catalunya and looks likely to be so if it isnt already in the rest of Spain soon. I can find out though if you need for Castilla Leon.
I'll see if there's anything on the licence when I go to renew, mind you with Cv19 the chances to get to the Tormes are pretty zero for the foreseeable ☹ You wetting a line much?

daniport

Im getting out once or twice a month.. family commitments holding me back more than Cv19! Had a cracking 67cm wild brown in August.. great day! October is usually excellent in the Pyrenees, travel within the county is ok, time will tell!

donnieh

Thanks everyone for your wise words. Ideally, I'm looking for a decent pair of felt boots for under £100.