New Fly Guy and Gal in Northumberland

shnazzle

Hi all

I've been pointed this way by @noel on Facebook.
As I love a forum (generally much better than Facebook) I figured I'd join up.

At the minute I'm just sponging any information I can but hope to be able to contribute soon.

My wife and I got started recently on a whim. Then booked some lessons with Lucy Bowden at Chatton and now we're hooked (pun fully intended).
We bought two starter kits; a 10ft and a 9'6 by AirFlo. Seems to do the job.
We've got our daughter started as well on a lovely 7ft rod that was gifted to us by a rather brilliant chap I met on Facebook.

So.. Here we are.. Forum looks great! Look forward to diving in.

Patrick & Helen

noel

Welcome Patrick and Helen feel free to ask any questions on here most of the time the answers will be sensible . I am a member at Tunstall in Wolsingham a bit far for you both to travel to possibly .

Rob Edmunds

Great to see new people starting.....even better that you got the kids involved...

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.....my, wife, and son are mad keen on flyfishing...my daughters prefer horses although they do occasionally come for a day out in the summer

shnazzle

Welcome to the forum, I've noticed Chatton now has a caravan club cl site :)

We usually stay on Annsteads farm, but things could change ;)
I noticed the same. Sadly no camping from what I could tell or I would have the family tent set up there permanently. I could wake up to that every morning no problem.

Banksie

As a relative newbie myself, I’m still amazed at how much knowledge there is here. This is ground-zero for anything fly.
Welcome to both of you. 😎

Latest posts