New line preparation

jonbee56

Well, I’m a long time browser and don’t often post issues on here.
I’ve bit the bullet and bought some (what I think are) decent lines as I’m really fed up with fighting memory loops On the cheap as chips lines. I’m not flush enough to go to the expensive side of the market so I purchased a Maxcatch gold and a Barrio GT90. (Together with some Barrio line care).This is after quite extensive investigation and forum review reading.

I’m after any advice for line preparation when loading up on the reels as I’m determined to not get frustrated with the spooling when they lie on the water.

PaulD

Make sure you load the lines on to your reels correctly. If they're on a spool put a pencil through the centre of the spool, obtain the help of another to hold each end of the pencil and reel the line on evenly with slight tension.

If your lines arrive with no spool. roll up a magazine and put this through the centre of the line, then proceed as above.

One of the main issues is people who drop their new line on the floor, on or off the spool, and wind the line onto the reel, thereby introducing twist to the line before it's even been used.

GEK79

Make sure you load the lines on to your reels correctly. If they're on a spool put a pencil through the centre of the spool, obtain the help of another to hold each end of the pencil and reel the line on evenly with slight tension.

If your lines arrive with no spool. roll up a magazine and put this through the centre of the line, then proceed as above.

One of the main issues is people who drop their new line on the floor, on or off the spool, and wind the line onto the reel, thereby introducing twist to the line before it's even been used.
That texhnique leads to a fecking mess.. Lesson learnt.. Good advice Paul.. 👍👍