New police guidelines today

Fredmoore

Without trying to bend rules or interpretations,what do folk think of latest police guidelines today.
I quote “exercise must involve some movement”,surely fly casting is a fair bit of movement?
“Drive for exercise as long as it is not for a prolonged period”
Would fishing the river now qualify?

PaulD

Without trying to bend rules or interpretations,what do folk think of latest police guidelines today.
I quote “exercise must involve some movement”,surely fly casting is a fair bit of movement?
If we analyse the fly cast, the casting arm starts low, around table height, the elbow bends, the hand accelerates until it stops, approximately level with the mouth . . . a bit like picking up a beer glass.

Pubs remain shut.

jaybeegee

You can still buy a 1 or 8 day licence though so the message is a little mixed -

Good point. Though there are, I suppose, the lucky few who can fish on their own property....and want to do so only once a year. 😂

B

Fredmoore

If we analyse the fly cast, the casting arm starts low, around table height, the elbow bends, the hand accelerates until it stops, approximately level with the mouth . . . a bit like picking up a beer glass.

Pubs remain shut.
Not my casting,more like a whirling dervish,as I have said previously I need some casting lessons,lol.Then there is putting on my chesties and boots,never fails to build up a sweat,lol

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Given what went on thursday night at 8pm on a certain London bridge, solitary angling would be saintly.
However, that is not going to wash.
Fishing is still a no no.
Will be for at least the next 3 weeks.
However, given the clamour for an exit policy, might well be in 3 weeks time will be permissible, but right now, dont.
regards
Bert

Paul_B

From the EA email
The current advice from government is clear: stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives. To keep ourselves and others safe, it’s vital that we all play our part and abide by the social distancing guidance. This means that none of us should be leaving our houses to go fishing.

PaulD

Not my casting,more like a whirling dervish,as I have said previously I need some casting lessons
Well, if you know you're a 'whirling dervish', you're starting from an advantage. I've done plenty of casting instruction with whirling dervishes whose personal appraisal was that they were performing in Swan Lake.

Fredmoore

Given what went on thursday night at 8pm on a certain London bridge, solitary angling would be saintly.
However, that is not going to wash.
Fishing is still a no no.
Will be for at least the next 3 weeks.
However, given the clamour for an exit policy, might well be in 3 weeks time will be permissible, but right now, dont.
regards
Bert
Refresh my memory,what went on Thursday night?

mrnotherone

The ‘new’ guidelines don’t make sense. Why encourage people to drive to exercise. There are enough idiots who don’t understand Stay At Home as it is.

I thought the whole point of these restrictions was to clamp down hard now so we can get back to normal sooner.

glueman

watched two cars pull up in village car park about hour ago 5 adults got out of them got together with at least 10 dogs and set off together to walk them or at least as they were taken off leads let them run free. Is that part of social distancing and walking near to home

Jeltz

Not my casting,more like a whirling dervish,as I have said previously I need some casting lessons,lol.Then there is putting on my chesties and boots,never fails to build up a sweat,lol
Same here, and don't forget climbing trees and clambering up steep banks to get your fly back, wading through heavy weed and so on. By the time I cover a small stretch of water, I need oxygen to recover.