New rod help..

pigsypete

Hi I am very new to trout fishing coming from a coarse background. I have been skimming these excellent forums for a bit and gaining some great tips, even caught a few trout along the way thanks to advice on another thread.

However I have been using inherited tackle and a few bits and bobs I brought myself. I found myself enjoying it so much I want to go and buy a nice rod as the one I am using is a shimano 5 peice travel rod #8.

I have about £150-200 to spend either buying new or used anyone have any recomendations ?

I generally am fishing Bewl reservoir both from boat and bank so thinking about 10ft should suit me.

Thanks for any help in advance.

JCP

Bloke XL50 10ft 7wt is well worth a try for a bank/boat reservoir all rounder if you can find one within your budget.

Excellent alternative within your budget would be to contact Steve Sparton via Sparton Fishing Tackle. I would be most suprised if you were disappointed with a rod of the spec you seek from either of these sources.

Best JP

ridgeback

welcome to the forum m8 contact anderson angling on the trade peges airflo clearance sale fantastic rods and reels from him yopu will get rod/reeland lines for 200 airflo m-tec s3 competition special only 69.99 great value

tight lines m8

oh nearly forgot free ridgeback floater with that rod

Englander

Its a personal thing !

Personally id say try casting a few rods, ive had 10' rods, 9' 6" rods i hate them ! sold them ! i keep coming back to 9' rods used my Dads 8' yesterday ...........ok but felt wrong !

"Personally" 9' 6# or 6/7# is what the yanks recommend for starters for general trout fishing and i think there spot on, but like i said its a VERY personal thing !

Example : Ive love my 9' 5# vision 3 zone , had a chance of the 10' 5# vision 3 zone bargin ! :D had a cast ........................ hated it !! :( which i was very surprised at but goes to show 12 inches can make a big difference ;)