New Waders

ddave07

So I'm after a new pair of waders after my old greys stockingfoot ones have started to wear out. At the moment I'm looking at a pair of Orvis stockingfoot waders, however what I was wondering is, would my greys wading boots fit onto the Orvis waders? as they're comfy and still have plenty of life in them or would I best buying a new pair of wading shoes to match the new waders?

Cheers

DD

wobbly face

Stick with the Grey's boots is there's still some life in them. That's beauty of stocking foot waders, you can use whatever make or type of wading boots with them. :thumbs:

Morsq95

Yes, they should fit together and work well. Just try them together at home before you use them. Some boot and wader combinations don't match perfectly together so its best to try at home first to make sure they are comfy!

bbamboo

I would go for Vision waders. My Orvis ones lasted less than a month,sent them back and had to get a refund.
Before you buy any give diver dave a ring

speytime

I would go for Vision waders. My Orvis ones lasted less than a month,sent them back and had to get a refund.
I would consider vision waders however never ever from diver dave, he ruined lots of members waders both here and the salmon fishing forum, his work is well below a acceptable standard.

Al

Mrtrout

I’ve seen some horrendous repair pics, like treacle poured on everywhere.
S.

taffy1

I've always been a Scierra fan, usually get at least 3 seasons out of a pair before minor repairs required, the only downside is their sizing which suits my build but not many others.

fishing hobo

My experience is completely the opposite. I had 3 Vision waders last very short length of time, 1 month, 1 outing and off the shelf. Never again. Orvis I had one issue with the seam leaking but it was swapped w/o question and has thus far lasted 4 seasons in a boulder-strewn stream. Yes, more expensive than Visions but well worth it.

Last edited:

Mrtrout

I had four pairs of Orvis, not one lasted 12 months before a leak started. In fairness to Orvis they replaced them no quibble, it was a better guarantee back then, not now.
My Vision Ikons zip front have been bullet proof so far.
Funny how we all differ.
S.

fishing hobo

I had four pairs of Orvis, not one lasted 12 months before a leak started. In fairness to Orvis they replaced them no quibble, it was a better guarantee back then, not now.
My Vision Ikons zip front have been bullet proof so far.
Funny how we all differ.
S.
Interesting, 2 ikons and 1kura models later, I gave up.

tangled

After reading stories here of great waders and terrible waders of the same product and of all prices, I decided to buy cheap, lightweight, stocking-foot Gray's beathables (Stratas). £60.

The first pair lasted three seasons before bursting a seam (which I repaired with aquasure). The second is now in its 2nd season.

At those prices you can regard them as consumables but they seem to last as long as any.

bbamboo

After reading stories here of great waders and terrible waders of the same product and of all prices, I decided to buy cheap, lightweight, stocking-foot Gray's beathables (Stratas). £60.

The first pair lasted three seasons before bursting a seam (which I repaired with aquasure). The second is now in its 2nd season.

At those prices you can regard them as consumables but they seem to last as long as any.
I think your right if you put a hole in them they are going to leak no matter how much they cost.
You could be better off buying 4 sets of cheap ones, apose to one lot of expensive ones, I don't know.

corto maltese

The little streams and ravines I fish are hard in waders so I've always thought of them as disposable "ish" considering what you can pay for them.
Hence I've always bought them from diver Dave to save a few sheckles and they've always, by accident, been visions.
Couldn't be happier with Dave's work on Vision waders, they always seem to last three seasons minimum so far and considering how much I pay for them, and the bashing they get, they seem a good deal to me.
But each to there own I guess !

ddave07

My pair which have just bust which I’m now looking to replace were the old greys g series, they’ve worked flawlessly for nearly 11 years!!!! I was going to get some Orvis ones t replace them but seeing the experiences of Orvis I might have to have a rethink

bbamboo

Orvis used to be the best to buy but now the guarantee has changed I will be buying something else the next time

Latest posts