Nice #5 weight reel....

paulfish_1

I’m in the lookout for a nice reel to go on the 9” #5 weight. What you guys got? I don’t like too modern looking or over engineered stuff. But open to anything really. If the forum doesn’t bear fruit I’ll probably end up with an old #5 marquis or a danielsson dry fly. I kinda like my reels to be a workhorse. Don’t really like gold reels either. Sorry.

Reels I’ve had before that I liked include...
Vossellers
Orvis battenkill LA (which I would love another)
Daniellsson

Cheers
Paul

chris_t

I have a sonik sk lite 5/6 that I no longer use. Feel free to pm me if you might be interested.

Last edited:

paulfish_1

Very much appreciate everyone who messaged. I am now sorted out with a new Danielsson dry fly.

Thanks
Paul

Hardrar

I’m in the lookout for a nice reel to go on the 9” #5 weight. What you guys got? I don’t like too modern looking or over engineered stuff. But open to anything really. If the forum doesn’t bear fruit I’ll probably end up with an old #5 marquis or a danielsson dry fly. I kinda like my reels to be a workhorse. Don’t really like gold reels either. Sorry.

Reels I’ve had before that I liked include...
Vossellers
Orvis battenkill LA (which I would love another)
Daniellsson

Cheers
Paul
If you’re looking for traditional I have an early hardy Viscount 140 reel with the Hardy Castle and Fly qr a bit of Patina but purrs great.

paulfish_1

If you’re looking for traditional I have an early hardy Viscount 140 reel with the Hardy Castle and Fly qr a bit of Patina but purrs great.
Thanks mate but I’m sorted now. I bought a Danielsson dry fly.

Tight lines
Paul

paulfish_1

Thanks Paul- I used to struggle to get a DT 5 on a Dry Fly, used to cut down a WF.
Thanks mate. I’ve had a dry fly before. The cortland 444 #5 Im using just now came of that reel so I’m happy it’ll fit again.
All I need now is for us to be allowed out fishing or I will just keep buying reels!!

bobfly2

Suggest you wash that every time you come home if you are ever putting the reel down on any sandy gravel or exposed waterside soil. Vulnerable to grit in the roller setup and the roller groove. Keep your eye on it!