Nice fright tonight

3lbgrayling

Went out on our loch about 6pm not a lot moving, just cast at the odd rising fish.got a couple on a small damsel lure.Wind dropped away to nothing.Drifted passed rocky point and got hit with something big.ripped line off reel and into the backing. eventually got it to net, about 2.5lb of overwintered rainbow.(yeha) safely returned..Got some more stockies.packed in about 9pm not as big a buzzer hatch as last night.but was warmish.(which is great) I noted several big fish rising tonight (big for our loch) ,2 to 4lb.Photo to follow.

Jim

mackiia1

Nice one Jim .
Can't believe it's 'Warmish' in Scotland. Bloody cold down here on the South Coast of Ireland.
9 Degrees today - should be about 15 degrees this time of year.
Very little growth yet and Fly Life is non existent on the Rivers.

3lbgrayling

Nice one Jim .
Can't believe it's 'Warmish' in Scotland. Bloody cold down here on the South Coast of Ireland.
9 Degrees today - should be about 15 degrees this time of year.
Very little growth yet and Fly Life is non existent on the Rivers.
Warmish.is relative ,It has been sub zero every night for a week. but the buzzers have been pushing through.regardless.9.5 deg at 11,04 tonight

Jim

mackiia1

Warmish.is relative ,It has been sub zero every night for a week. but the buzzers have been pushing through.regardless.9.5 deg at 11,04 tonight

Jim
I have my first day fishing for Rainbows this Tuesday . Forecast is for a balmy 11 dgrees , cloudy and light winds . Hopefully there will be Buzzers hatching.

PaulD

An hour ago here, in South Northants, wall to wall clear blue sky and sunshine . . . -2 degrees C. We've now risen to the dizzy heights of 0.2C.

easker1

Not a lot of movement with the WBT at the moment still a cold breeze across the water temperature about 10C on my car but the loch is 500 ft over that, easker1

Latest posts