Nice to see the frogs back

bibio1st

Well that was quick, got the new pump up and running yesterday, saw a frogs head out of the water last night and had the first dollop of spawn this morning, not heard the usual croaking though but that will probably happen over the next few days.

Steve

diawl bach

I noticed some movement in the pond last week which I attributed to a frog but couldn't say for sure. Subsequently a sodding cat took up station there and since that time I've lobbed 1) a potato and 2) a piece of olive wood at it in the vain hope it would send it a strong message to it to keep away.

Yesterday I saw a single frog and looking back at the OP noticed it was pretty much the same date for the sighting this year, it shows how the cold snap last year set everything back.

Anyway , plus ca change, frogs just clinging on to maintaining a population but under a clear threat from cats.

diawl bach

Back again last weekend after another warm winter, noticed a cat hanging around the pond and saw the frogs the next day. A reliable and resilient bunch despite all of the pressures which bear on them but much diminished, heard the odd croak through summer but they were few and far between.