Nicest looking reel

Mies

You're right Mike - common as muck down here in the Sticks.:D

I like a plain looking reel - Danielson F3W Black

None of those Fancy Dan reels for me - they're for wannabe Dublin Yuppies.

Did you watch my teams brilliant performance at the weekend - Awsome .:D

I have that very same reel. Love it. I use Danielsson reels for pretty much all my fishing. The Dryfly, the older LW4-7 and the F3W. The LH Design is a bit of wishful thinking. Just love the craftmanship.
I have more reels than I'll ever need and then some.

Yeah, I was delighted for you lads. Great to see the Cats being put back in their box.
Limerick will be a tough challenge but it's all there for the taking. Best of luck to you (y)

sean freeman

I saw a backwinder somewhere lately for around £600, can’t remember where! I’m planning on buying an Eden cane though and want something classic for it, some of the L.H. Design reels look like they’d fit the bill.
As an unapologetic brookie fan though.. my SDF! 😁
40567B37-7794-4F1F-8D89-4C861DCEF94A.jpeg

Mrtrout

I saw a backwinder somewhere lately for around £600, can’t remember where! I’m planning on buying an Eden cane though and want something classic for it, some of the L.H. Design reels look like they’d fit the bill.
As an unapologetic brookie fan though.. my SDF! 😁
View attachment 33065

I had a new in the box Backwinder in silver, I sold it on eBay for £225!!
Wish I’d kept it now.
S.

Hardrar

Don’t think I have one- I have two very early Abels, a baby big game 0 first week of production and a TR 1 the same, love both. An Ari 2 but the Remco are nice, I have a Kaplun built Hardy Marksman in the Matt finish bearings are still silky smooth, but have ceramic sealed replacements.
Kaplun Highlanders are stunning. early Loop karpens are nice, have a Loop 2 produced in the first week of production.
I like all the original Vosseler DC and RC reels9BA6CB14-C562-4417-9E9E-ABE8F5B01D23.jpeg

Mrtrout

Don’t think I have one- I have two very early Abels, a baby big game 0 first week of production and a TR 1 the same, love both. An Ari 2 but the Remco are nice, I have a Kaplun built Hardy Marksman in the Matt finish bearings are still silky smooth, but have ceramic sealed replacements.
Kaplun Highlanders are stunning. early Loop karpens are nice, have a Loop 2 produced in the first week of production.
I like all the original Vosseler DC and RC reelsView attachment 33066

Ive just got hold of another new RC2 from eBay last week, due tomorrow I hope, I’m going to try again to like it, they are pretty.
It was on all week no bids and I got it at starting price when I bid in the last ten seconds? I was very surprised.
S.

Hardrar

Ive just got hold of another new RC2 from eBay last week, due tomorrow I hope, I’m going to try again to like it, they are pretty.
It was on all week no bids and I got it at starting price when I bid in the last ten seconds? I was very surprised.
S.
I watched it and nearly bid, but want a black one really. They use a really thick waterproof grease, that can make the spindles and ball detents stiff, degrease them and use a light silicone grease or oil! Much smoother!
Kapluns
0BE1659D-1E35-4058-B9BC-2B2ECD01E1B8.jpeg

Hardrar

S.
Did you see the Barrio one too?

Mrtrout

I watched it and nearly bid, but want a black one really. They use a really thick waterproof grease, that can make the spindles and ball detents stiff, degrease them and use a light silicone grease or oil! Much smoother!
Kapluns
View attachment 33067

Ill try that, I just use one of the three spring detents to stop over run.
Im sure the one I had a few years ago was much better, perhaps they had changed the grease.?
S.

Hardrar

Ill try that, I just use one of the three spring detents to stop over run.
Im sure the one I had a few years ago was much better, perhaps they had changed the grease.?
S.
They use the same waterproof grease in the DC series too and I bought an ex shop DC 2 with spare spool and cases still boxed and it was so stiff on retrieve I thought it had seized, but the grease was as thick as tar. Flushed it all away and re lubed with some light silicone ptfe all temperature grease for auto brake use and it runs so sweet and freely now. It will be on the spindle too!

Last edited:
G

GEK79

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but what reels do we think are the nicest to look at?

ive just ordered a guideline fario which i think are lovely, recently looked at the hardy mtx-s which i thought was a beauty also.

so lets here the reels we are swooning over?
I've xdound something that's cheap yet somewhat very pretty.. And within my price range.

PaulD

Some years ago I used this image as my Avatar on the forum . . .

It's a cropped image from a grayling dorsal, a fish that I caught from the Sava in Slovenia. Toby Merrigan, before he set up Funky Fly Tying, liked the image and asked if he could use it. He did and had a small number of Abel 3Ns annodised with a section from the photo. I have one . . .

Abel 3N.jpg

Last edited:

shortcircuit

Did you watch my teams brilliant performance at the weekend - Awsome .:D

All ye needed was a Tipp man to sort ye out and now ye are flying!

I hope ye beat Limerick, I have an inexplicable dislike for them, maybe because every second handpass they give is a throw. Or because they are annoyingly talented