Nicest looking reel

LukeNZ

To my eye, and for practical use; the current Hardy Perfect Wide Spool, in whatever size suits, are the best thing out there.

Hardy has never made a better reel.

Mies

You’ve nailed my buying process, the realisation that hits in the morning when you’ve spent a fortune on a reel and now have to work out how to hide it is priceless. I have that much tackle that she doesn’t know what’s new and what’s old now though!

It's a bit of a conundrum though, isn't it? If and God forbid, the grim reaper called earlier than planned, what would happen to all your gear? My wife hasn't a clue what I've spent over the years and I'm a tad concerned that, should the worst happen, she'd gather it all up and sell it for squat as a job lot to some sharp dealer.

Of course, I could draw up a list (more like a spreadsheet :whistle:) with the price I've paid for each item and give it to her. But my instinct for self preservation is holding sway at the moment :giggle:

blithfield2

It's a bit of a conundrum though, isn't it? If and God forbid, the grim reaper called earlier than planned, what would happen to all your gear? My wife hasn't a clue what I've spent over the years and I'm a tad concerned that, should the worst happen, she'd gather it all up and sell it for squat as a job lot to some sharp dealer.

Of course, I could draw up a list (more like a spreadsheet :whistle:) with the price I've paid for each item and give it to her. But my instinct for self preservation is holding sway at the moment :giggle:
Good idea but send the list to me and give your wife my telephone number;)

Mrtrout

i did just that Mies, I put a list in a sealed envelope and put it in the safe with clear instructions it was to be opened only after my demise.
Luckily it’s not been opened yet.
S.

Mies

i did just that Mies, I put a list in a sealed envelope and put it in the safe with clear instructions it was to be opened only after my demise.
Luckily it’s not been opened yet.
S.

Great, Steven (y) You've solved my quandary. Just a pity I won't be around to see the fireworks :ROFLMAO:

Mrtrout

Great, Steven (y) You've solved my quandary. Just a pity I won't be around to see the fireworks :ROFLMAO:
Probably safer not to be mate, only problem with a list is I have to regularly open it and make alterations, but the thought of some tackle shark getting my gear for peanuts does worry me a lot.
S.

blithfield2

Probably safer not to be mate, only problem with a list is I have to regularly open it and make alterations, but the thought of some tackle shark getting my gear for peanuts does worry me a lot.
S.
To allay your fears Steven, I'm quite happy to offer my services as already mentioned in post #103. You're welcome!

Mies

S.

Indeed, Steven. I have a few older Hardy Bougles that I picked up at the time for little over £200. I had quick check recently and they're now making north of £600 or £700 on some vintage tackle sites.

Mrtrout

Indeed, Steven. I have a few older Hardy Bougles that I picked up at the time for little over £200. I had quick check recently and they're now making north of £600 or £700 on some vintage tackle sites.

Teardrop ones ?
S.

Mrtrout

Yep. I have a couple. Bought at a time when I had planned to pick up a nice cane rod. Never got around to it.

Fabulous little reel, they make a sound like no other, I sold mine regrettably some years ago.
S.

sean freeman

I’ve always wanted a teardrop bougle but the ship has sailed on getting one for a reasonable price!
I'm planning a cane purchase for next year and would like a classic looking reel to hang from it. Possibly a Kineya or maybe even an Islander IR series.

Mies

I know absolutely nothing about cane but I occasionally have a peek at this guy's offerings. He's been mentioned on here before and the reviews appear to be good. Might take a punt as the prices are more than reasonable. Always fancied a cane rod but don't want to go nuts on a purchase until I'm more clued up.

Mrtrout

I know absolutely nothing about cane but I occasionally have a peek at this guy's offerings. He's been mentioned on here before and the reviews appear to be good. Might take a punt as the prices are more than reasonable. Always fancied a cane rod but don't want to go nuts on a purchase until I'm more clued up.

Mies, I can highly recommend Rod Dibble for cane, I have three of his creations all stunning. His prices are very reasonable.
Hes a member on here but if you need his contact email let me know.
He works closely with Luke Bannister, you won’t be disappointed.
S.

micka

Some advice please. Looking at the Danielsson Original Series; Midge and Nymph. Using very thin braid on the former as backing would it hold a WF3? If not then it's the Nymph. Has anyone got/used one of these and would recommend them or flag up a reason to be wary. Attractive factory direct prices tempt me to buy.

Thanks

Mick

sean freeman

Some advice please. Looking at the Danielsson Original Series; Midge and Nymph. Using very thin braid on the former as backing would it hold a WF3? If not then it's the Nymph. Has anyone got/used one of these and would recommend them or flag up a reason to be wary. Attractive factory direct prices tempt me to buy.

Thanks

Mick
I literally just asked my mate this, he cut 20ft off the running line to get more backing on but he did have a WF3 on his midge.
I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me posting this lunker he got using the midge and an Epic 376.
B9DBAF41-187E-4821-9234-C3C091D7CF54.jpeg

micka

I literally just asked my mate this, he cut 20ft off the running line to get more backing on but he did have a WF3 on his midge.
I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me posting this lunker he got using the midge and an Epic 376.
View attachment 33194
Thanks Sean - I'm assuming he's pleased with it and it does look lovely on that glass Epic?

Mick

stevel

Yes that’s it, serial number 15 I think.
I had the titanium spool as well.
S.
Nice Steven, was that directly from Leen? I used to have that same model with both PEI TI spool, but I unloaded it with Brian when he was at Vintage when I went the fuddy duddy classic route!

Mrtrout

Nice Steven, was that directly from Leen? I used to have that same model with both PEI TI spool, but I unloaded it with Brian when he was at Vintage when I went the fuddy duddy classic route!
I dealt with Leen via Mark at Alternative Tackle Steve.
I never used it, it was for decoration but when I sold it I only got back what I paid, Leens an abrupt sort of chap, ok just abrupt.;)
S.