Nicest looking reel

jaybeegee

Probably safer not to be mate, only problem with a list is I have to regularly open it and make alterations, but the thought of some tackle shark getting my gear for peanuts does worry me a lot.
S.
Thank goodness you update it. I had visions of Mrs T turning up demanding my favourite rod back! 😧
B

Dingbat

Great, Steven (y) You've solved my quandary. Just a pity I won't be around to see the fireworks :ROFLMAO:
I told her to auction it all off on the forum

Covid be dammed - off to Kennedys on Sunday to cheer Limerick to glorious victory.
Well the Ladybat is in quarantine, emerging only to issue orders - so that knocked that plan on the head. Anyone know what (free) channels its playing on?

lavo85

Thanks Sean - I'm assuming he's pleased with it and it does look lovely on that glass Epic?

Mick

i was looking a midge but got a brand new nymph, if you buy a midge ill swap you. Mines is unused in box.
Drop me a pm.

stevel

I dealt with Leen via Mark at Alternative Tackle Steve.
I never used it, it was for decoration but when I sold it I only got back what I paid, Leens an abrupt sort of chap, ok just abrupt.;)
S.
Yep one of the reasons I unloaded it was the lack of customer care for his "cheap" models like the Sapphire. I'm sure his expensive models were perfect, but the Sapphire was far from it, lots of surface irregularities on the TI spool as well as untidiness in the drilled holes. He said it was due to the hardness of the material but made no apologies or offer to fix!
Mine was bought from Just Reels in the US but dropshipped from Leen so avoided any vat/duty.

sean freeman

Yep one of the reasons I unloaded it was the lack of customer care for his "cheap" models like the Sapphire. I'm sure his expensive models were perfect, but the Sapphire was far from it, lots of surface irregularities on the TI spool as well as untidiness in the drilled holes. He said it was due to the hardness of the material but made no apologies or offer to fix!
Mine was bought from Just Reels in the US but dropshipped from Leen so avoided any vat/duty.
That doesn’t sound great tbh, glad I didn’t buy one now. Have you ever had an Ids Schukken reel? They look quite nice too.

Mrtrout

Really, I must have been lucky mine was ok, and I’ve a pretty good eye in that department, it was only about £850 though, so just a “cheap” one. :giggle:
When I was at the BFFI he had a few reels displayed openly on the desk, not out of reach or in cases, I carefully picked one up, as you do, and he was most annoyed I hadn’t asked permission.
I said to him he’d be better having a clear sign saying “do not touch”
I nearly decided not to give him my money there and then, but foolishly I did.
I don’t think I’d buy another from him though.
S.

stevel

That doesn’t sound great tbh, glad I didn’t buy one now. Have you ever had an Ids Schukken reel? They look quite nice too.
I haven't owned a Schukken but they do look very nice and heard from other reel fanatics that they are also top notch. Very reasonable price as well.
Another Ti reel you may want to consider are the VR Design reels, very unique designs. He had a joint venture with Chris Henshaw to produce a Hardyeque reel.
Alex Kaplun who teamed up with Leen Huismann to create the Amber also makes some beautiful reels.

stevel

Really, I must have been lucky mine was ok, and I’ve a pretty good eye in that department, it was only about £850 though, so just a “cheap” one. :giggle:
When I was at the BFFI he had a few reels displayed openly on the desk, not out of reach or in cases, I carefully picked one up, as you do, and he was most annoyed I hadn’t asked permission.
I said to him he’d be better having a clear sign saying “do not touch”
I nearly decided not to give him my money there and then, but foolishly I did.
I don’t think I’d buy another from him though.
S.
Yep he had some models which approached 5 figures and I imagine these to be perfect, but still 850 is no small change.
When I noticed this I contacted Jim Williams (Just Reels, the dealer I got it from) and he said that he noticed the same imperfections on his Ti spool as well. The body was fine. It was like lots of small indentations on the surface, so that it was not completely flat. And as for the drilled holes, if you looked at it through a magnifier, virtually all of them had Ti shavings in the holes, so not finished properly. Of course no effect whatsoever on function, but for that money you should expect some level of perfection that you'd get in any £200 CNC reel.

Mies

I told her to auction it all off on the forum

Well the Ladybat is in quarantine, emerging only to issue orders - so that knocked that plan on the head. Anyone know what (free) channels its playing on?

RTE2 and Sky Sports. You can also stream it live through the RTE Player app although that can be shite sometimes with a lot of lag and buffering.

geordie41

Melbourne Australia or Newcastle upon Tyne .
Hi Sean ,
I’ve got a reel from lds , it’s Beautifully made . This is the same reel as the one I have ,the only difference is mine doesn’t have “Zeb” written on it . Zeb is lds son’s name.

Attachments

• B071CF28-3788-491E-AC77-92D6342F4242.jpeg
    B071CF28-3788-491E-AC77-92D6342F4242.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 39

sean freeman

Hi Sean ,
I’ve got a reel from lds , it’s Beautifully made . This is the same reel as the one I have ,the only difference is mine doesn’t have “Zeb” written on it . Zeb is lds son’s name.
I quite fancy one of them, might enquire about one of these or a small Saracione. I should probably stop for a while as I bought two reels in the last week. I know myself that I’m getting beyond a joke!

The latest one is a bit special though..
43678D7E-0D35-4262-92D8-BEB44DCD5EAB.jpeg

Tam

I have this wee Danielsson Nymph W, got it for my 40th so it’s almost 20 years old and is as good as new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clunk

I'm more interested in how a reel functions and it's durability than how it looks, but I started preparations today by cleaning all my fly lines and thought these two Vision reels were pleasant to the eye. More importantly they perform well.

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

Paul_B

I'm more interested in how a reel functions and it's durability than how it looks, but I started preparations today by cleaning all my fly lines and thought these two Vision reels were pleasant to the eye. More importantly they perform well.

"snip"
Thats a good reminder I have my lines to clean and condition (y)

I've got pflueger trion fly reels and they've been faultless despite have a lot of years use,

1610289397623.png