Nick Hancock’s Fishing School

Guinea

After whcking my eye with a beadheaded damsell a year or so ago I really do try to wear them all the time. I was lucky not to get hooked in the eye, but trust me it hurt. I only saw blur for over a day afterwords.

But in the gloaming the glasses really hinder my vision and occaisionally I take them off if the wind is in my favour.

On the day I got hit I was actually wearing glasses, but I'd dropped them in the water a few seconds before and they were hanging from a pocket to dry...

minnins

iv just read everyonese comments about the scenery. well if you think it looks brill on tv then you all have seen nothing untill you get up there , been fishing up there for the past 14yrs , twice a yr , a week in may & a week in sept , nothing can compare anywere in the world to uo there , so everyone get ya cars packed up for may and get up there ,, ops plus the fishing itself is pure dead brill :D :cool:

gibbos1

Ah bl***y great stuff. I have enjoyed the first two, but can't get the rest with out the help of you guys? Many thanks for putting them on here and if at all possible, please could you carry on?
I am just starting to try and start river fly fishing and I need all the help I can get.
Wendy,
I looks like you are having a great time and will continue to do so after?
many thanks,
gibbos1

wendy

Gibbo i loved every minute of it i just laugh everytime i catch fish :D :D :D

Next weeks prog is good too we have a longggggggggg walk though to the loch!!! i think i end up crawling up it:D

superscot

Superscot can i be cheeky and ask do you have the 1st prog ??
I'm afraid not Wendy ...forgot to set the sender to record onto the PC hard disc.

Ah bl***y great stuff. I have enjoyed the first two, but can't get the rest with out the help of you guys? Many thanks for putting them on here and if at all possible, please could you carry on?

Not sure if can record the next in the series as her indoors canny work the PC or sender ..will see what i can sort oot as the auld nightshift looms !Not just a simple record have to remove advertising which takes time ...most of the time is due to having to compress so much for upping to the net ...leave it with me

cheers

cheers

wendy

fingers crossed superscot that you can, if i knew what to do i'd have a go my self but i used to be blonde:D :D :D

wendy

i really did think a ghillie was a rod :D :D :D

anyone got any comments on tonights show? they didn't show me catching all my fish :( and i had a few that day!

flyonly2007

Banned
Banned
This program is no more like a fishing school than fly in the air. From the episodes viewed to date, there's been little evidence of any structured progress of the "pupils" and apart from being shown some decent scenery and some tasty fishing spots, the program is very dull indeed. I for one am glad that Nick Hancock told us that the next episode takes the team sea fishing from a boat. I'll be missing that one and probably the rest of the series.

Bill

wendy

Bill the sea fihing trip was great as well.... sorry your not enjoying it but it's only tv! and after all thats all these people are intersted in making money. I loved every minute of it whilst i was there and i hope i get the chance to visit scotland again in the near future.. you can't please everyone i suppose:eek:

The dapping was good to see yes because i was on the otherside with Mac so didn't get to see that bit!

flyonly2007

Banned
Banned
wendy said:
Bill the sea fihing trip was great as well.... sorry your not enjoying it but it's only tv! and after all thats all these people are intersted in making money. I loved every minute of it whilst i was there and i hope i get the chance to visit scotland again in the near future.. you can't please everyone i suppose:eek:

The dapping was good to see yes because i was on the otherside with Mac so didn't get to see that bit!

Hi Wendy,

It's impossible to imagine you and the rest of the team not enjoying being part of the program, given that you stayed at a classy location and fished at some great places. I'm sure you'll carry great memories from your adventure for a long time to come.

You're right that you can't please everybody with this sort of program, but I just find the production is a bit amateurish and there is a definite lack of any structure to the progress of you and the rest of the anglers.

Bill

Gander

3lbgrayling said:
i liked the dapping,great to see the wee trout jumping for the daddy longlegs.;)

I think we are all getting glimpses of how good this programme could have been, but like the dapping, they are only glimpses.

I am becoming more and more disappointed with it. They have tried to crush too much into too small a broadcast time. They would have been better off having just two or maybe three pupils each with a tutor.

I don't know what kind of teaching they had off camara, probably good, but it is not coming across well on programmes.

What time of year were they fishing?

Paul T

When the team were struggling up that track I wonder if Jon or Nick thought it appropriate to mention the fact that it was there that Robin Cook met his end! Notice that Mac went up like a spring chicken - and he had a significant birthday last year!

JonT

Will there be a link this week for those who are getting into an enjoyable habit of perching in front of our laptops to watch it?

Thanks!

Jon

superscot

Will there be a link this week for those who are getting into an enjoyable habit of perching in front of our laptops to watch it?

Thanks!

Jon
aye as soon as google video comes back on line ...its all ready and waiting on my hard disc !

wendy

superscot you really are the best:D :D :D

my friends have been asking me all day will i email it to them LOL

superscot

Link to this weeks episode....wee blip around 4.33 mins to 6.00mins....but rest of it seems fine

cheers

Last edited:

JonT

Thanks very much for putting that up - came just at the right point in my evening last night.

As you know those of us without digital/satellite have nothing fishing-wise on the box and this is now a regular for me with a chilled can of Blackthorn

Jon

superscot

JonT cheers for that …..Will try and do this week’s ….its sea fishing!!! ….that auld nightshift again looms so hope the sender set up works ok ..