Nick Hancock’s Fishing School

Gander

Good grief! They've got them bait fishing for cod. :eek:

They are in one of the greatest trout fishing areas in the world, but they have dedicated 1 out of 8 programmes to fishing for cod and ling. They could have at least done some fly fishing for Pollack off the rocks: Conditions looked ideal.

And don't give me it was a Sunday nonsense. I didn't see Jon Beer on the boat and I don't think he was in church either.

No offence to Wendy. I'm sure you enjoyed yourself immensely, but this programme is not doing it for me. The tuition (on camara) is poor and the whole thing seems directionless.

How do I apply to get on the next series? ;)

flyonly2007

Banned
Banned
I wasn't going to watch any more episodes of this program but I relented. My opinion's still the same; it is mostly garbage.

Apart from some decent Scottish scenery, this program has only provided a great free holiday for the participants, including, I presume, free fishing tackle and clothing, an ego trip for the patronising Mr Hancock and an advertising opportunity for GAC.

To lead the viewers to believe that the program is a "fishing school" is a bit of a misnomer, as there has been no real evidence to date of any structured teaching and the resultant progress you might expect to see.

In my opinion, this is just another example of a so called celebrity using his influence to indulge his own passions wrapped up in a TV program.

Bill

flyonly2007

Banned
Banned
3lbgrayling said:
gonay gise a job,a can doo that.:D

jim

Jim I'm sure you and many others on this forum could provide the content for a better fishing program than Nick f*cking Hancock ;)

Bill

Paul T

I'm glued to the show each week determined not to miss the point where "the patronising Mr Hancock" gets a well deserved smack in the mouth from one of his "students."

guest40

When and where is the programme on TV? I'm interested to see if he is as bad as on that crap Sports Panel Quiz that he chaired.

rutlandraider

sorry folks me thinks mr hancock would be best positioned around my goldfish pond in my back garden with the rest of the gnomes.:mad:
A half baked celeb with as much fishing knowledge as jade goody :D

Highlander

Poor though it is in places, I would like to see some of you armchair experts
try for it . You can certainly talk a good game. Nuff said.
Tight lines

Last edited:

hogork

rutlandraider said:
sorry folks me thinks mr hancock would be best positioned around my goldfish pond in my back garden with the rest of the gnomes.:mad:

like that:D :D :D
Have to admit the programme is poor to say the least.

Jim

esk

hogork said:
like that:D :D :D
Have to admit the programme is poor to say the least.

Jim

I'd rather have a poor fishing prog on terrestrial TV than none at all. Enjoy the scenery, enjoy the water, enjoy the fish and enjoy the 'God! even I can cast better then them' :D :eek:

wendy

next weeks is even better it's FLOAT TUBING for me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As someone says stop moaning enjoy the veiws !!! it was ace i loved it!

and i'd do it all over again... but with just Jon beer ! And 5 happy ladies instead of 5 miserable sulking men!:p

3lbgrayling

rutlandraider said:

jim, how did you manage to watch it,you were at the guild in falkirk last night:confused:

jim

rutlandraider

Hi jim
The joys of sky + im afraid .
Falkirk was excellent for the ones who made the effort to pay attention , At the end of the day I am a bit disapointed as i love to help anybody interested in flyfishing but sadly there are also a few who know it all .
Best wishes Always Jim Crawford

superscot

Any luck getting this week's on to google?

Aye JonT here yi go ...:D :D

Will who ever watches from start to finish post back if it plays ok right through .....nay time due to work to check oot

cheers

Last edited:

tubefly

Superscot

I must have a problem on my PC picture quality is good but I have no sound
Just about to strip Pc and check it out.

Harry:mad: :( :confused: :eek:

tubefly

Update

Sound card now working .:) :) :)
Video sound and picture good
That will teach not to read threads containing people fixing virus's and not fishing:confused: :confused:

Thanks Tango51:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Look forward to next weeks video if that is possible Thanks

Tight lines

Harry