Nippers

cwmitch2

I've had both the Abel which I loved also the Simms ones.. Never had them long enough to comment.. These days I use a bright green handled pair of Korda razorblades £5.99 bargain! They were called braid blades when I bought them.

Last edited:

pati

The abel nippers are £85. I find it nigh on impossible to justify spending that.
[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed on the Abel.

Again, the thread is not about value for money, nor trying to convince people that they must have these nippers (and I bought my Abel Nippers new from Orvis about 5-6years ago for 25£!).

To me the most I’d pay on these is about 50£. Some will have no issues going to 200£, and some will not see the point spending more than 2-3£. Each to its own!

sean freeman

I mean compared to a pair of pressed steel nippers or nail clippers I don’t see how a pair of machined and anodised nippers with S30V crucible steel jaws aren’t over engineered? Mine have remained sharp for nearly a decade now.
S30V holds a good edge which is why it’s used for premium knives a lot.

skinner

I mean compared to a pair of pressed steel nippers or nail clippers I don’t see how a pair of machined and anodised nippers with S30V crucible steel jaws aren’t over engineered? Mine have remained sharp for nearly a decade now.
S30V holds a good edge which is why it’s used for premium knives a lot.
Very high amounts of Carbon and Vanadium that makes it the best blade Steel...

Paul_B

I really rate the ones Mick Bloke Bell was selling way back tiny but very very good cutting .kept on a lanyard they have done well for a decade or so
I bought a pair of black high carbon fly scissors off him way back and they're still as good and sharp as when I bought them.
Although I bought some iris scissors so I didn't mistreat his and they're still as good as gold, @ nearly 4 quid they ought t be good :unsure:

Mrtrout

The abel nippers are £85. I find it nigh on impossible to justify spending that.

Yes indeed on the Abel.

Again, the thread is not about value for money, nor trying to convince people that they must have these nippers (and I bought my Abel Nippers new from Orvis about 5-6years ago for 25£!).

To me the most I’d pay on these is about 50£. Some will have no issues going to 200£, and some will not see the point spending more than 2-3£. Each to its own!
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, buy what your comfortable with, mine cost £42 new from Norris’s in black. I will never loose them as they are very securely fastened to my vest with a paracord lanyard, only way I’d loose them is if I lost my vest.
Worth every penny I think, but I agree with pati I wouldn’t go over £50.
S.

Latest posts