North Glasgow Fly Dressers

castingclub

I am happy to confirm that this club is now up and running you are all welcome the first night is January 11th at 7pm in Milngavie Library if you need instructions on how to get there send me a pm and I will send you details. Agreed speakers are to be:
Neil Sinclair Feb 8th - on competition river flies, Neil has fished for Scotland on a number of occassions and currently is a member of their World team for 2007
Davie Downie March 1st- notable stillwater fisher has fished for Scotland on a number of occassions and catcher of big fish at Leven and now Menteith 17lb +
David McPhail 5th or 12th April TBA- an unbelievable fly dresser who will demonstrate Salmon flies and trout flies

If you are a beginner we also have a program of instruction planned so why not give it a go.

Any questions just ask

castingclub

Thanks for this Alistair I will post you the program separately and maybe yopu can post it on your site

fidfish

Looking forward to meeting some of you forum members at this new club.

Should be well worth attending for the guest nights. Dave Downie who needs no introduction, Davy McPhail who is one of the best and most innovative tyers around and Neil Sinclair who although well known as a river angler might not be familiar to everyone, Neil invented the double decker fly and has fished for the Scotland rivers team in numerous home internationals and world events.

I'm sure Alberto will post the relevant dates at the time.

Kenny

fidfish

There has already been pictures posted of the DD in this section by Dave Downie. Search for Double Decker pictures.

Kenny

Urban Ali

fidfish said:
There has already been pictures posted of the DD in this section by Dave Downie. Search for Double Decker pictures.

Kenny

Aha, found them. Thanks for that !

castingclub

Thanks Alistair for posting details of the program but here it is again this is of course the beginners program but I am certain that some of the regulars will assist with whatever on the side. Part of the attraction of these nights is just the chat

Milngavie Fly Dressers
Jan
11th Black Pennell
18th Grey Duster
25th Kate McLaren

Feb
1st PVC Olive Nymph
8th Speaker Neil Sinclair - river competition flies
22nd Kevins White Cat Compara Dun

March
1st Speaker Dave Downie- competition flies for the Lake
8th Gryffe Olive
22nd Silver Butcher
29th Greenwell Glory Muddler Hopper

April
5th Silver Doctor - Trout / Davie McPhail - hair wing salmon flies TBC
12th Silver Doctor - Trout / Davie McPhail - hair wing salmon flies TBC

krazzed_maggot

Hi all is this open for anybody or what? would love to do this and hopfully improve my fly tying

thanks

Kendo

bravo75

Club is still running. It meets on Thursday nights in Milngavie Library starting at 7.00pm. Im sure Alberto can find space for you. This weeks subject is Salmon Hairwing Flies.

Last edited:

krazzed_maggot

Club is still running. It meets on Thursday nights in Milngavie Library starting at 7.00pm. Im sure Alberto can find space for you. This weeks subject is Salmon Hairwing Flies.

Sweet nice one, where abouts in milgavie libary is it near Murray Park? and how much is it on the night?

Kendo

bravo75

The library is in Allander rd. G62 8DN.... up from M & S.
I think the cost is £3.
As far as I know they cater for all levels of tying. Some of your pals from casting club go

castingclub

We meet every Thursday and alternate between tying nights, demos and guests. This week was supposed to be hairwing salmon flies but its changed, Kenny Sichi is demoing his Menteith flies which should be excellent. We also now have a group of complete beginners also doing well so no matter what your level get along. Finally we have Charles Jardine for the evening on the 26th which should be good.

Alberto

krazzed_maggot

nice one cheers will def get along after college on thursday

do you need to bring any equipment along i got the basic set up as ive no long started fly tying and waiting on student loans to fund an upgrade lol