Fly Fishing Forum banner

November 2017 Caption Competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

8K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  thebluedun 
#1 ·

This month's photo has been donated by Cap'n Fishy to the cause and we'd like to know what caption you would put to this photo?

Maybe it's the angler to the netsman, or perhaps something the couple on the bench might be saying to each other, but whatever it is if we judge it the wittiest after the end of this month, you could win a prize voucher to spend online with Allen Fly Fishing.

All entries in by midnight on the 30th November please.

Good luck!

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Well dear, throwing the stick in for bonzo to fetch didn't seem to work, they still caught a fish!

Let's distract them from catching any more, and bombard them with lots of silly and annoying statements and questions. I'll start - Aren't you better using maggots? - Didn't think there was any fish in there -My brother caught a big cod on a hand line once - Don't you think you would be better using a float -

It's worked, I can see steam coming out of their ears! The women angler is standing up- get the camera ready in case she falls in - This is really great entertainment and it's 'Free'

Douglas

#13 · (Edited)
Despite spending long hours together they still hadn’t run out of things to talk about, jokes to share and memories to be fond of which proves why fishing partners stay together longer than marriage partners.

Little Johnny Whipping boy sat on a bench.
Arms crossed. legs crossed sat with his wench.
He gazed upon the water at people catching fish
And thought "I could be fishing too if you weren't such a...."

Look at that poor helpless thing being dragged out of it's natural surroundings by a big angry monster only to be put back once a picture has been taken to remember the day, doesn't anyone think of the long term suffering this causes and the potential psychological damage it can put on the...oh look those anglers have caught a fish.

#16 ·
Man (avid angler) on bench to wife (fishing widow) - "What do you mean I don't take you anywhere?"

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Man on bench to wife: "These new Ultra HD TVs are amazing - just like being there."

#25 ·
Woman on the bench:-

"Well if it takes 2 men in a boat to catch a little fish like that, how many men does it take to catch one of those 300lb tuna we keep reading about dear?"

"If that's Rex Hunt I wouldn't want to be kissed by him!"

"If one is holding the fishing rod & the other is holding the net, who the heck is driving the boat?"

#27 · (Edited)
Janet: Good arm extension, nice head-up position by the fish, and good reach and anticipation by the netsman. I'm thinking 8 out of 10, how about you?

John: I'm thinking we'd better move off this bench pretty smartish, he's left the bloody engine running....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.