Nymph skin

mr_eejit

Anyone know where I could buy some cheap 3mm natural nymph skin, places near me don't seem to sell it, the UK sites i have found are charging £3-ish then £3-ish postage, I don't want to pay almost £6 for a bit of elastic 😕 Might even try elastic if it comes to it 😁

Mrtrout

Anyone know where I could buy some cheap 3mm natural nymph skin, places near me don't seem to sell it, the UK sites i have found are charging £3-ish then £3-ish postage, I don't want to pay almost £6 for a bit of elastic 😕 Might even try elastic if it comes to it 😁
I’m sure someone on here used to tie nymph backs with cassette tape?
it looked really good, or is it something totally different?
S.

mr_eejit

I’m sure someone on here used to tie nymph backs with cassette tape?
it looked really good, or is it something totally different?
S.
Think it's different, it's more elastic band looking, seen a few videos of people making caddis bodies with it, that's what I'm looking to make 🙂

gg76

Not sure if you have any but the old packets that fulling mill used to sell there hooks in makes a great shell back for bugs.

arkle

I've found, that just like latex sheet, it rots within a few months of being tied.

ejw

I tend to use Brown plastic Raphine. It is not stretchy, but has longitudinal "crinkles" that look good when ribbed with fine wire. Does not rot. I split a length in half, so a "hank" will last several lifetimes. I also have it in green and orange. Makes good shrimp patterns.

baca157

Virtual nymph skin doesn’t rot (assuming this is what we are talking about). I tried various similar materials and nothing comes close to it. Pay yer money and get the real stuff(y)

The solution to £3 postage is to get loads at one time🤪

Cheers,
Sebastian

rabmax

I tie most of my caddis/ shrimp patterns with pearl mylar these days.I often fish shrimp/caddis after rain.The pearl mylar makes them more visible in murky water.Seems to work well for me.

Attachments

• 20200228_162535.jpg
    20200228_162535.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8