Off the mark

ohanzee

That will catch up for some lost time (y)

Can I put a rucksack in the car yet?

codyarrow

That will catch up for some lost time (y)

Can I put a rucksack in the car yet?
9 days? There was a poor chap at the petrol station yesterday in a campervan. He made a point of explaining he was from Kinbrace and was just filling up.
Ironmongers are doing a roaring trade on pitchforks.

codyarrow

See what you mean but it was a normal proportioned fish - think that is the camera telling lies.

Lewis Chessman

I meant it as a compliment. :)
It suggests to me that the fish found good feeding and packed on weight quickly - but sure, perhaps the lens is distorting the reality. Either way, nicely done getting off the mark!

ohanzee

9 days? There was a poor chap at the petrol station yesterday in a campervan. He made a point of explaining he was from Kinbrace and was just filling up.
Ironmongers are doing a roaring trade on pitchforks.
I completely understand the concern, I can respect that by being in a tent up a hill miles from anyone (y)

codyarrow

I completely understand the concern, I can respect that by being in a tent up a hill miles from anyone (y)
Oh we love you - the non spending visitor. 🤪

Seriously though I hope there is a warm welcome for folk coming. Even as a builder we depend on people coming, holiday homes and hotels do not fix themselves. There was an article about Devon and Cornwall suggesting visitors will remember if they are treated badly, which will have a long term impact on their future tourism.

shropshire_lad

There was an article about Devon and Cornwall suggesting visitors will remember if they are treated badly, which will have a long term impact on their future tourism.
Years ago, my wife and I were returning from Holyhead and stopped in Betws-Y-Coed for a break. We ventured into a cafe and sat down - it was deserted. The owner did not even acknowledge us, just ignored us. I then enquired as to whether we could order a cup of tea and he said "I don't serve rude people who leave the door open" - it appears that inadvertently we may have done so although I'm not so sure. We left.

Some years later, we arrived at a B&B in Dublin a bit early and the room was freezing. My wife asked if we could have the heating on and the owner refused. There then started a heated conversation between the owner and my wife and when I intervened the guy pointed at her and said "she started it". We left.

We still remember these stories decades later and tell them at dinner parties.

Basil Fawlty still lives....or lived :)

P.S. The cafe owner in Betws was English ;)