Oh Hell.

Oldbones

Was out today, hawthorns galore and some other stuff, other night I could see the fish twisting on their sides to get nymphs from the shingle bottom, fish every where.

sean freeman

My Irish uncle has been having a great time fishing within his 2km limit, why that rule couldn’t have been implemented here is vexing.

3lbgrayling

I have been pretty/very good with this lockdown.I believe like you I am in the ''Don;t get it'' brigade,But tonight was a perfect night ,and it just got to me.

Jim

dave b

Steven if you have one for me, I'll have one for you 🥃🥃 Stay safe.

Clunk

If I was twenty,This would not be a problem.But as I get near the 3 score years and 10.Every minute is a prisoner.

Jim
My thoughts as well. For me this is not just a couple of months lost, it's fishing gold between mid April to mid June.
Already we have missed out on Large Dark Olives, March Browns, Iron Blue Duns and probably streams of beetles.
Very soon there will be Hawthorn, Black Gnats, Medium Olives, Olive Uprights, Grannom, Pale Watery and Sandfly to name a few. Fingers crossed for some daytime fishing soon.
So that's a year gone, and sliding up and down banks, dodgy wading, getting the leg over a barbed wire fence and general hoofing miles of river bank for "that fish" are not getting any easier.
Worth noting that after day after day of constant pi$hing rain with three storms in one month, it's hardly rained since lockdown. Springs like this are not common. Yes rivers are low but the water temperature will still be cool enough for a month of decent fishing to salvage something.

wrongfoot

Similarly frustrating here, the Alder and St Marks/Hawthorn flies are hatching in Northumberland, so it's annoying to walk the dog past rises and on beats I could be fishing...

Last edited:

JohnH

I've ordered one of these.

Douglas

View attachment 26044
You've done it now, Douglas. Before long it will all kick off. One group will say the little boy is a damned blackguardly poacher for using a red outfit and that only the little girl with the yellow kit is an honourable angler; the other group will say that of course there's nothing wrong with using a red outfit which is a sensible modern development, and the "yellow only" crowd should get a life...