Old Cameras to go.

4wings

The Raynox is a couplet or triplet lens (made in Japan) and gets very good reviews for quality.
I have Hoya +Diopter meniscus lenses but the fall off in quality at the edges is obvious coupled with flare.

Cap'n Fishy

The Raynox is a couplet or triplet lens (made in Japan) and gets very good reviews for quality.
I have Hoya +Diopter meniscus lenses but the fall off in quality at the edges is obvious coupled with flare.
Aye, of all the various macro options, close-up 'filters' are probably my least-favoured.

Col

Cap'n Fishy

Good to see hapless handy man Reg Prescot again. Remember me and my father roaring with laughter - almost 40 years ago now.
He-he - any time I have a close-up filter in my hand, it just brings dear old Reg to mind! 🤭

willie_r

You can pick up old wide angle lenses for a song on eBay.
Pentax K mount lenses are pretty cheap, mainly because other companies adopted it.
Lots of independent brand lenses.
No use to me, I've got Olympus and M42 mounts.
I've gotten fond of the Spotmatic range.
Bulletproof.

Cap'n Fishy

You can pick up old wide angle lenses for a song on eBay.
What are you calling a 'song'? I paid £1 for the Russian Zenit that I took the Helios lens from 15 years ago, but the same lenses are now fetching £40-50!

I'd be willing to pay £10-20 for one - it's just for messing about with.

Col

easker1

I have a Steinheill Cassaron 50mm f2.8 from an exacta , just one among many lenses and cameras I have,I came across a couple of Voigtlanders a Vito and a Vitoret, also an Olympus Trip, a Ricoh slr, a couple of Exposure meters a couple of flash guns, products of a mispent middle age, easker1

willie_r

You should be able to pick up a PK "compatible" wide angle for £20 or so.
Makinon, Cosina, Hanimex, etc.
I have a Steinheill Cassaron 50mm f2.8 from an exacta , just one among many lenses and cameras I have,I came across a couple of Voigtlanders a Vito and a Vitoret, also an Olympus Trip, a Ricoh slr, a couple of Exposure meters a couple of flash guns, products of a mispent middle age, easker1

Cap'n Fishy

You should be able to pick up a PK "compatible" wide angle for £20 or so.
Makinon, Cosina, Hanimex, etc.
The make doesn't need to be compatible with anything, as I will be using it with a reversing adaptor to attach to my camera (Canon). All it needs is the aperture ring. I'll take a look at eBay prices. They certainly went away up when folk started attaching old manual lenses to modern digital cameras.

I can get some interesting shots with the 50p Helios 44M and it's quirky eliptical aperture...

Helios 44M

Col

Banksie

I remember the Olympus Trip. A good lens and very good metering for point & shoot. Reliable photography imo.

willie_r

The price of the Helios 44 in all it's guises has shot right up because of the Bokeh effect it can impart.
I'll be punting one shortly.
I need to thin the herd of cameras as well as my herd of rods...
As well as the Pentax Spotmatics, I became fond of Soviet era rangefinders.
Zorki, Fed and, most fun of all, the wonderfully quirky Kiev.
Too much time on my hands.
The make doesn't need to be compatible with anything, as I will be using it with a reversing adaptor to attach to my camera (Canon). All it needs is the aperture ring. I'll take a look at eBay prices. They certainly went away up when folk started attaching old manual lenses to modern digital cameras.

I can get some interesting shots with the 50p Helios 44M and it's quirky eliptical aperture...

Helios 44M

Col