savage take

026-5.jpg

036-2.jpg

hook. b170.
thread. white 70 coloured brown at thorax
body. hends body quill yellow/bug bond.
rib. brown/olive PT.
cheeks.JC.
thorax. pinch of fiery brown glister/ pinch of woi hares ear.
breathers. pearl glister.

Last edited:

bill1

I love the way the abdomens on your flies always look organic and edible. They look sort of chewy.

campsiefisher

Nice Andy, :thumbs:

I've been experimenting with breathers on my buzzers too, a little krystal flash or whatever else i have at hand, or on the thorax, they seem to work better at times, (at least when there is some sun about).

Mind you in Scotland if you blink, you may just miss the sun. :D

Best regards
Jim

savage take

Nice Andy, :thumbs:

I've been experimenting with breathers on my buzzers too, a little krystal flash or whatever else i have at hand, or on the thorax, they seem to work better at times, (at least when there is some sun about).

Mind you in Scotland if you blink, you may just miss the sun. :D

Best regards
Jim

I'm finding more of my light weight buzzers have breathers of some description, mainly marabou or a smidgen of flash. the ones with flash do seem to work a bit better in the sun.:)

123jc

Can only agree with everyone else Andy, cracking buzzers, I'm thinking the body dressing would also look good on a nymph.

Craig

alexflyfisher1990

seems to three different flies not just one! ;) i like the bodies i get similar effect with coloured wires, im not really into the quills, not durable enough for me, nice to tie flies with but not to catch as they break easily, or even flexifloss, what do you reckon?

horses50

very well tied but do you think the addition of the jc makes that much difference?