Orvis £25 off a £50 + spend

Tailing Loop

£25 off £50 makes it about the right sort of price for Orvis stuff these days - it isn't what it was 20 years ago.

beryl

I’ve got one. Their big eye hooks look ok. If someone can spare me the hoops they expect me to go through to gain this small advantage of my purchasing power I might just buy a few.

I’ve bought two rods of them and they have a file on me

Mark Powell

Banned
Banned
Orvis get more and more like DFS. You can put the money you 'save' by buying a rod or reel you don't really need towards a new DFS sofa, going at half price in one of their never-ending 'events' :p

haggstock

Is it restricted to full price stuff? Can't get it to work
Yes it is ,and exclusions on some other things like guns and cartridges ( although I’ve never seen those in an Orvis shop ) there are T&Cs on the back of the postcard , stating such , also probably somewhere down the bottom of e-mail I would imagine . I’ll probably use it to buy consumables, the nearest shop to me stocks Dry Magic etc.

G

guest37226

haggstock is correct nothing on advert to say any limitations but found this at the very bottom of the email

This offer is valid at participating Orvis retail stores, by phone at 0333 400 4177, and online at orvis.co.uk (please provide special offer code ORAU18 at checkout). Coupon must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount at retail stores. Valid on full-priced merchandise purchases only. Not valid on previous merchandise purchases, select product promotions, gift cards, guns, cartridges, schools, or travel packages. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. Shipping, and handling do not count toward the qualifying amount. For single use only. No cash value. Coupon valid until 7th October 2018 at 11:59PM GMT. Other exclusions may apply.

Apologies :doh:

scobo

Tried it on a Clearwater rod, didn't work.
Mustn't be valid on stuff that's already on sale.

morayfisher

Trust Member
It's only a bargain if you actually need it. The entire idea of sales and money off vouchers is to get you to buy stuff you don't need.
Of course I don't need a Clearwater rod but if I wanted one it would indeed be a bargain.

None of us needs any fishing tackle at all in the same way as I don't need any bargain golf clubs because I don't play golf. There a umpteen other hobbies we could all do instead, and buy the kit to do them with but there is no 'need' involved, only 'want'.

So if it's all down to want, and if Orvis or anyone else wants to tempt me to buy something by lowering the price, then I'm all for it. It's still my choice.

I'm sure though that retailers would much prefer sell to everything at full price without having to discount at all.

Presumably in Orvis's case the offers are either to help shift stock and increase turnover, though at a reduced profit margin, or they want to induce new customers who otherwise might not become customers of theirs.
Or maybe they are hoping for both of the above.

antdb74

Tried it on a Clearwater rod, didn't work.
Mustn't be valid on stuff that's already on sale.
Funnily enough.. I tried this... Added a reel and with that you get a free line... Code worked as there is a full price reel in there. So Rod reel and line at 197. 95

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

scobo

Funnily enough.. I tried this... Added a reel and with that you get a free line... Code worked as there is a full price reel in there. So Rod reel and line at 197. 95

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Nice one. :thumbs:
Suppose you could say you got the reel and line free.

Mark Powell

Banned
Banned
Sure would.
Still not bad at £139 though !
We all do it. Today there's a big fishing auction in Romsey, Hampshire, which is only a few miles from where I live. About 500 lots. A few things took my eye, including some Orvis stuff, in the online catalogue but I decided it was wiser not to go. Once you go to such things your chance of being hooked and landed is very high :)