Orvis deliver on their rod guarantee yet again

Sash

I broke the tip of my much-loved (but old) 8-weight Silver Label this summer: it has caught some good bass, especially this year.
I took the rod into the Orvis London store, and it was sent away for repair.
Imagine my delight when a brand new 8-weight Recon was delivered to my house today.
I am always impressed at how well Orvis honours their guarantee.

Now, off for some lawn casting in the rain.....

Last edited:

thetrouttickler

Orvis are a pleasure to deal with. I have now had two rod tips repaired (not replaced) over the years, with no quibble at all. They turned around my Superfine Touch in 2 weeks this year.

daniport

I have a Silver label 8 weight too. Same happened to me, the tip snapped and I sent the rod to the UK about 2 summers ago. The rod was sent back with a new tip.. I had bought the rod in the late 90´s so they have stood up to their guarantee. I was impressed and now favour Orvis where possible.

timmy mullet

I broke the tip of my much-loved (but old) 8-weight Silver Label this summer: it has caught some good bass, especially this year.
I took the rod into the Orvis London store, and it was sent away for repair.
Imagine my delight when a brand new 8-weight Recon was delivered to my house today.
I am always impressed at how well Orvis honours their guarantee.

Now, off for some lawn casting in the rain.....
The Recon is a fabulous rod! I'm sure you will enjoy fishing with it🙂

vital

Here's an example:
I bought a second-hand 10' Powermatrix at one of those Orvis travelling clearance sales, I think I paid £50 for it. I just didn't get on with its action, so when the Wessex FDG branch had a silent auction fundraiser I sold it to Uptomyknees (sp?) for £30 (I think). He went to use it one day and broke the tip. He sent it to Orvis to see if they could repair or replace the tip, and asked for a quote. They replied that the original rod had a life-time guarantee, He responded that he wasn't the original purchaser, and in fact was probably the third- or fourth-hand owner. They replied that the rod held the guarantee, not the first owner, but sadly they could no longer replace that particular tip, but would be happy to replace the rod completely , with a Recon model of his choice. Just goes to show the finest customer service, but also how my luck goes!

Rob Edmunds

I have had a number of Orvis rods over the years....Trident TL, Helios ZG, Recon etc.. ..I've managed to break them all at some point and as always Orvis sorted it immediately without any issue.....I can't fault their customer service..

But get this..this happened about 5 years ago, my friend Nick purchased an Orvis reel for a trip to New Zealand , the reel broke on just the second day out in NZ......he contacted Orvis and explained, they said they couldn't get him a replacement to NZ for at least 2 weeks, but understood that he can't be without a reel on such a special trip...Orvis told him to go to the local tackle shop and choose a reel of about equal value ( he chose a Ross) and they would pay the shop direct for it !!...... then when he is back in the UK they would also replace his broken reel...

Now that is pretty amazing if you ask me

Latest posts