Orvis Fly Rod

h49

Saw a fly rod in my local adverts ......It's an Orvis Zero Gravity 107 Tip Flex 4 piece.
I can't find this particular rod in Orvis sales etc. There are Orvis Zero Gravity with other numbers, but not 107? Have any of you heard of it, and if so what price would would it be when new? The one advertised is described as in excellent condition £150.

Thank you in advance for any information, it would be very helpful.

Mrtrout

Saw a fly rod in my local adverts ......It's an Orvis Zero Gravity 107 Tip Flex 4 piece.
I can't find this particular rod in Orvis sales etc. There are Orvis Zero Gravity with other numbers, but not 107? Have any of you heard of it, and if so what price would would it be when new? The one advertised is described as in excellent condition £150.

Thank you in advance for any information, it would be very helpful.

Zero gravity was the predecessor to the Helios range and were fine rods, it’s probably a 10ft #7.
If it’s in good nick £150 is about right.
S.

roger h 10

Probably a waste of time contacting Orvis as ,in my experience, the majority of their staff have very little knowledge about any item that's not current.
As it's one of the earlier 'tip flex' models it's definitely one to try before you buy.

Overmiwadrers

What MR Trout said . It is worth finding out what the rods flex rating is. I recall on the ZG `s I had they do have the flex rating on the rod and the tube . There are plenty of reviews of Orvis ZG on the interweb and there are pages about the flex rating. Just google Orvis flex rating. Without knowing more about the rod its hard to say but I would expect it to be a tip flex and fairly quick rod in that length and line rating. Why not ring up and go and have a waggle...if its in decent nick with original tube and bag the price is fair. Oh and the reel seats are ever so pretty....

O M W

Last edited:

h49

Many thanks to all, for taking the time to answer with good advice and info :thumbs:

bear

I’ve a 9’ 4wt ZG tip flex, obviously a totally different rod, but it’s not as fast as other premium brand ‘fast rods’.

Build quality is superb 👌