Orvis on the High Street

Tony Pesci

Orvis Amersham closing in 2 weeks as Orivis move forward with closing all but their largest stores according to their fishing guy

20% off all stock and flies (Fulling Mill) 50% cheaper so check it out if you are in the area

ejw

Seems the standard, that landlords want more ? Same happened in Tarporley. Think this is the end for Orvis (in flyfishing at least ). Most high street shops are now struggling, due to the pandemic and people "having" to use the internet. It has now caused a dilemma, do you buy off the internet or pay "extra" to shop local ??? It seems that the public have voted for lower prices ?

catzrob

I find it astonishing that landlords are hiking rent prices at the moment. Surely they are just asking for lengthy void periods with significant proportions of the high street empty anyway thanks to the pandemic and completion with online retailers.

I’ve not seen the shop but if it’s in a cute building in a mixed shopping/residential district I wonder if the owner wants to take advantage of new PDR to turn it into a flat.

original cormorant

lot landlords are not thinking with rent increases after what we have just come out of

if you have a good tenant why rock the boat
It's pretty clear that Orvis have taken a decision to close less/unprofitable branches. Why else would they be closing so many branches? Blaming one of these closures on an improbable rent increase is a lame attempt at spin.

Elwyman

It's a great shame to hear so many tackle shops are closing. Popping into my local tackle shop for a browse and a gossip is one of the highlights of the week.

Vintage Badger

It's a great shame to hear so many tackle shops are closing. Popping into my local tackle shop for a browse and a gossip is one of the highlights of the week.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of fly fishing tackle shops that have closed over the last 10 years, your local tackle shop is now my local tackle shop too (if I want a good selection of tackle to browse)! So it's definitely not a weekly highlight for me. :( The next nearest well-stocked, dedicated fly tackle shop to me is probably in Bakewell or Ashbourne these days.

Elwyman

Unfortunately, due to the large number of fly fishing tackle shops that have closed over the last 10 years, your local tackle shop is now my local tackle shop too (if I want a good selection of tackle to browse)! So it's definitely not a weekly highlight for me. :( The next nearest well-stocked, dedicated fly tackle shop to me is probably in Bakewell or Ashbourne these days.
Wow, has that tackle shop in Chester closed, forget the name but it was well established and did game tackle.

...on Bridge Street I think....just checked Google and it doesn't show up.☹

Vintage Badger

Wow, has that tackle shop in Chester closed, forget the name but it was well established and did game tackle.

...on Bridge Street I think....just checked Google and it doesn't show up.☹
I don't know, I tend to avoid city centres due to traffic, parking and crowds, so I've not been to Chester for about 12 years.

part timer

If I'm in Bakewell I always try to pop in to Peter's. Proper fishing shop ,cup of tea and a natter without being pressured to buy anything plus a massive amount of info if required.

He’s a lovely bloke is Peter, gave me some casting lessons when I took up fly fishing in 2007.

blithfield2

One of the problems is that one looks in a tackle shop then buys on line. Everyone does it do not deny

Not for fishing tackle I don't and I do my level best to support local shops.....even if it costs more. So stick that in your gluepot, sticky!

Latest posts