Orvis Super Magnifiers - any experience?

shropshire_lad

I'm wondering if anyone here uses Orvis Super Magnifiers?

Reading type glasses in 4x and 5x magnification.

I need glasses to tie knots and my conventional reading glasses are a bit cumbersome and I find those clip on magnifiers not that great.

Any experience welcome - I'm wondering if I should go for the 4x or 5x magnification - maybe just go for the 5x to future-proof things?

Mrtrout

I'm wondering if anyone here uses Orvis Super Magnifiers?

Reading type glasses in 4x and 5x magnification.

I need glasses to tie knots and my conventional reading glasses are a bit cumbersome and I find those clip on magnifiers not that great.

Any experience welcome - I'm wondering if I should go for the 4x or 5x magnification - maybe just go for the 5x to future-proof things?
I have the Orvis clip ons, they’ve been fantastic, but lately I’m struggling.
i bought a pair of these in 4x, came in ten days, very pleased for the price. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Connect-Magnet-Adjustable-Reading-Glasses-Anti-fatigue-Hanging-Reader-New/264111363414?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=563669516939&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
S.

shropshire_lad

im very pleased, they are magnetic on the bridge so just hang on your neck until you need them.
I have ordered a pair MrT. How on earth can they make money charging a couple of quid with postage from China included? It makes me shudder, we are not paying the real cost of things. The Orvis ones are about £50. Somewhere in-between would be a fair price I'd say.

JCP

Small price to pay if no good as my very similar pair turned out to be.Mine are called Loopies and I ordered them in relevant magification and they are not great to be honest.They are practical however but unfortunately are unemployed.Hope yours work out.Please let us know.

JP

Mrtrout

I have ordered a pair MrT. How on earth can they make money charging a couple of quid with postage from China included? It makes me shudder, we are not paying the real cost of things. The Orvis ones are about £50. Somewhere in-between would be a fair price I'd say.
I used mine last night, helped no end, and as you say for £2.46 it’s great value, mine came in ten days as well.
S.

Latest posts