ospreys winter grayling tickets

stevie d

Do the Ospreys still offer a winter grayling ticket? This option is not on their website any longer. If so where is the best place to get one? Used to pick one up at Harvey Angling who are sadly no longer there.
Thanks
Steve.

dave b

Steve, I would have thought you'd have had an answer, not sure about the winter tickets but if you ring Gary Evans they should be able to put you right. I know you can get day tickets from a couple of the cafe's in Pontypridd

icejohn

Thought everything was off their website.? Might be best to contact them directly and check of a ticket exists. Can't imagine them not having one?

BobP

I fished the Osprey's bit with my club last weekend. It's a bigger river than expected.

A word of caution to anyone wishing to try their luck there. Finding the different sections of river is extremely difficult. There are no maps to help visiting anglers find their way, and when you do find a stretch to fish, getting to the river can be tricky at best and positively dangerous at worst.

For example, I fished at the Upper Boat Bridge with a friend and there is a sheer concrete wall the top of which is at chest height when you are standing in the water - I am nigh on 6' tall. It took the combined efforts of the two of us to get out. Paul had a very stout wading stick which he used as a step jammed against the wall for me to get onto the top, and I then used the same stick to pull him out.

I doubt that either of us would have managed unaided.

taffia

Grayling tickets are available at the Cafe Royal no 4 high st Pontypridd. They are priced at twenty pounds for the season .Full trout season tickets will be available from March .The cafe is next to the Nationwide building society,car parking out side Tesco which is opposite.

danielp

If he was fishing Osprey's it must have been above the bridge.

Below is FTAC water.

By the sounds of it he may have been trying to get out on the "wrong side" although with the amount of water at the moment the pub side may have been a bit hairy as well.

jj1

I thats why I was asking dan, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding water at that point, but I know we (ftac) do have signs up down there.