Ouch.

tangled

Have you got the story behind that?

i'm sat here working out how to get that out. At the moment I'm going to cut the hook at the bend with a bolt cutter, oil the shaft with olive oil then pull the point down out of the eyebrow. Once out pull the shaft up through the nose. Ugh.

mebu

Here's mine from a while ago: a size 10 booby (barbed) double, right through top lip, the result of a poor cast by a youth whilst acting as boatman. Fortunately the warden was able to whip it out with pliers.
However Anglian Water staff are now instructed NOT to help remove hooks - "Health and Safety policy" !Gob fly.jpgGob fly.jpgMoment of extraction.jpg

speytime

Here's mine from a while ago: a size 10 booby (barbed) double, right through top lip, the result of a poor cast by a youth whilst acting as boatman. Fortunately the warden was able to whip it out with pliers.
However Anglian Water staff are now instructed NOT to help remove hooks - "Health and Safety policy" !View attachment 22985View attachment 22985View attachment 22986
Ouch! Did he pop the barb through or just reverse the way it went in?

I've had a treble stuck in my finger went to the hospital to get it seen to and come out with a pair of forceps, scissors and 2 different types of tweezers.
Apparently it's cheaper to use disposable rather than sterilisation methods.

Al

kerryjordan

I've had a treble stuck in my finger went to the hospital to get it seen to and come out with a pair of forceps, scissors and 2 different types of tweezers.

Al
Excellent! I

Al
Thanks for the heads up! I’ve just popped a small treble in my little finger and am off to A & E to collect my goodies!

Latest posts